Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced on Wednesday that they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Post by Brody »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:56 am Talking of two-bit ginger ponces soiling the loins of fine foreign stock solely by virtue of status, I seem to remember a certain American with the same predatory habit:
Two wrongs don't make a right, innit?

Now go slurp some Twinings.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced on Wednesday that they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Post by Doc67 »

Brody wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:06 am
Doc67 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:56 am Talking of two-bit ginger ponces soiling the loins of fine foreign stock solely by virtue of status, I seem to remember a certain American with the same predatory habit:

Twinings? I drink coffee in the morning, not tea. I don't know any Brit that drinks Twinings.

If anyone made such a generalisation about Americans what would your reaction be?
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:33 am
Brody wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:06 am

Twinings? I drink coffee in the morning, not tea. I don't know any Brit that drinks Twinings.

If anyone made such a generalisation about Americans what would your reaction be?
Well seeing as I've been taking the piss in this thread, I'd probably laugh. Sorry that you took my "two-bit, ginger ponce" comment to heart.

Megxit is hardly an issue worth taking seriously.......

Put another cube of sugar in that coffee and settle down. :thumb:

As for Twinings......Playboy and KiR were both fervent fans...........and stalwart Brits the both of 'em.
Last edited by Brody on Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Britain Braces for Fallout as Meghan and Harry’s Interview Airs

Here’s what you need to know:
  • Explosive revelations as Meghan and Harry accuse the British royal family of failing to protect them.
  • Boris Johnson refuses to be drawn into the royal drama.
  • How to watch the Meghan and Harry Oprah interview in the U.K.
  • For Black Britons, the interview affirms long-standing concerns.
  • Split on Harry and Meghan, Britons brace for the impact on the royal family.
  • Meghan and Harry decry abuse by Britain’s tabloids, and the tabloids are riveted.
  • It wasn’t Queen Elizabeth or Prince Philip who commented on the baby’s skin color, Harry said.
  • Why is Archie not a prince? Meghan says there’s more to it than following the rules.
Full: https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/03/08 ... -interview
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Ratings: 17 Million Watch Oprah’s Interview With Prince Harry And Meghan Markle

Oprah Winfrey’s exclusive interview with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle drew an audience of 17.1 million viewers to CBS VIAC +12.7% Sunday evening, according to preliminary overnight ratings data compiled by Nielsen NLSN +5.3%. That number will grow as final ratings figures are released—and may grow significantly as same-day ratings and viewership across digital platforms is added.

The ratings delivery is the largest prime time audience for any entertainment special in the 2020-2021 television season to date—and stands as the most-watched entertainment special since the Academy Awards on February 9, 2020.

The special was the most-watched show on the night, and led among viewers 25-55 and viewers 18-49, the key demographics valued by advertisers. CBS notes that the conversation dominated social media, with 12 billion impressions across social media.

Full: https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoyell ... 1e3c595204
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

The Junta in Myanmar should show this interview to the Myanmar people to show them that if they think they've got it bad, this is just what true hardship really looks like. Imagine the abject horror of someone making a passing comment about the potential darkness of your baby's skin (in the innocent context of the mother having African heritage). Imagine having to Google the words to the British national anthem on your own, without any help from literally anyone. And as for the press not saying what you explicitly want them to say about you, I can only imagine the genuine, deep sorrow and heartache.

I wonder what first attracted Meghan to the multi-millionaire prince of the British realm Harry in the first place?
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

xandreu wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:52 am I wonder what first attracted Meghan to the multi-millionaire prince of the British realm Harry in the first place?
I'll hazard a guess: $$, a title and a leg up in the celeb rankings.. :mrgreen:
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

clutchcargo wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:58 am
xandreu wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:52 am I wonder what first attracted Meghan to the multi-millionaire prince of the British realm Harry in the first place?
I'll hazard a guess: $$, a title and a leg up in the celeb rankings.. :mrgreen:
You mean it wasn't his dashing good looks or sleek male pattern baldness?

Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

What is it about the Brit monarchy........

.......one taste of American poontang and they throw their birthrights in the bin.

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

She played the mental health and the race card. All entirely predictable.

Mental health: There will never be any countenancing of such feeble complaints. Fortitude and character is all you need for a life of public service - not therapy and 'how are you feeling' sessions. That is the attitude of The Firm and nobody is going to change that. Diana tried and failed, and she was popular.
All this crap about contemplating suicide is pure drama for the drooling masses who lap of this celebrity dross.

Racism: "How dark will the baby be?" I can very well hear one of the family saying that. It's about their level. Are the Royal Family institutionally racist? Of course they are. They are stuck in a time warp and have have barely emerged from the 1950's. The Queen would never be caught off guard with a comment like that. Not so sure about Philip though. Harry has been quick to exclude both of them from the family-wide accusation; he knows Her Maj. has the power to strip them of all their titles and funding. He is also quick to make nice about Charles who will hold all the power in the next 10 years or less. He has to keep one eye on the future.

This interview and the smears that were made will be the final nail in the coffin. He will never be allowed back with Megan as his wife. If this was the intention they have succeeded. No going back now.

In one way I feel he has done the right thing. They were part of the dog and pony show where they were told where to go, what to say and, particularly Megan, what to wear. Her opinions and wishes regarding her outfits is of no interest to the courtiers. There is protocol and it will be followed. The Firm are in for the long haul and if that means making Megan's life a misery for 10 years until she is broken in - so be it. The claim that she didn't know that she had to curtsey to the Queen is a blatant lie. You don't get to meet her without being schooled about protocol and you don't bump into her at breakfast!

If they are going to have a life of public appearances and trading on the royal connection, they might as well have as much control over their lives as possible and get paid very well for it. For Harry it must be very liberating. For William, it must feel like he is even more trapped in a gilded box. I personally doubt the monarchy will be in it's current form by the time William's turn comes, and on present life expectancy, that's in about 30 years time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic