Human de-worming tablets

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Re: Human de-worming tablets

Post by KTabi »

pissontheroof wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:39 am But I only eat at Burger King
You kid but I really keep seeing these people scared witless everywhere they visit eating only western food. The food has got to be the best part of Southeast Asia.
:thumb:
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

How much do these tablets normally cost anyways?
FrankReynolds
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by FrankReynolds »

If I recall, they are less than a dollar. Maybe 2000riel.
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

FrankReynolds wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:06 am If I recall, they are less than a dollar. Maybe 2000riel.
Cheers friend thanks
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

KTabi wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:55 am
You kid but I really keep seeing these people scared witless everywhere they visit eating only western food. The food has got to be the best part of Southeast Asia.
I am not kidding , I eat at burger king and pizza joints ,
.... lived in thailand and ate locally thai food ,
..but 10 years here I think i tried loc-lac about 3 times because they didn’t have anything else I ever heard of ..

Its the kingdom of wonder , but I don’t want to wonder what i am eating if it don’t sound familiar ..
to hell with worms
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

pissontheroof wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:10 am
KTabi wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:55 am
I am not kidding , I eat at burger king and pizza joints ,
.... lived in thailand and ate locally thai food ,
..but 10 years here I think i tried loc-lac about 3 times because they didn’t have anything else I ever heard of ..

Its the kingdom of wonder , but I don’t want to wonder what i am eating if it don’t sound familiar ..
to hell with worms
Oh lol goodness I thought you were being sarcastic. The food in all likelihood won't really hurt you if you're properly careful. The food is really amazing.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Schistosomiasis seems to be probmattic, so overlooked like other illnesses that people may suffer in the kingdom. The WHO have programs running in countries with the likes of Africa and bordering Cambodia, Thailand, whom have a mindset to treat people with the infected snail disease of Schistosomiasis. But dissipate the problem you would first come across the problem that your most likely not find the recommend drug's to solve the problem, unless the pharmacy had any of the now banned drugs under the counter, the drugs that were originally at the time recommended by the WHO to combat the infestation. Reading more into the subject, this arose because America also found the problem to be on the rise there too, a recent medical study found that a medicine that is used for women's period pain and discomfort can be used to eliminate the eggs of the liver fluke from people who have schistosomiasis, but unfortunately it won't kill the adult liver flukes. The drug can be bought in pharmacists and is legal.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic