How can I get a SIM card in quarantine?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Jlucas
Expatriate
Canada

Re: How can I get a SIM card in quarantine?

Post by Jlucas »

anyone going to mention the fact that he is on the internet talking on a forum ... you seem to have the data thing figured out

maby a friend can go there and help gram gram set up the ol facebook
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

DaveG wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:23 pm You don't happen to have a dog called Monty do you 🤔🤔
He certainly does.
Shazza
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Shazza »

I missed just one day, not having a look to see what's happening on ceo, and f**k me dead, we've got this bloody clown. He's posted in chatter, news worthy and questions, and still doesn't get it. Chris Jones, your a bloody idiot, and a sook. Mummy was probably releaved, when you flew the nest, so she's probably not that worried about a phone call from you. Suck it up, the advice from ceo members is very good, so stop complaining. And yep I think this smells like a TROLL🤯😈
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Shazza wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:05 pm I missed just one day, not having a look to see what's happening on ceo, and f**k me dead, we've got this bloody clown. He's posted in chatter, news worthy and questions, and still doesn't get it. Chris Jones, your a bloody idiot, and a sook. Mummy was probably releaved, when you flew the nest, so she's probably not that worried about a phone call from you. Suck it up, the advice from ceo members is very good, so stop complaining. And yep I think this smells like a TROLL🤯😈
A PseUdo-Naïve Troll PuNT

Check the First time in Cambodia thread for a good example: :D

general-chatter/first-time-cambodia-t12341.html
[/u][/b]
chrisjones
Expatriate

Post by chrisjones »

You guys are the paranoid ones if you think I’m a troll.

I can post photos of my Chinese style quarantine hotel if you want.
Shazza
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Shazza »

Yes, go on, make my bloody day 😅
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Just mention it’s name. There’s a whole thread on how grim the quarantine experience can be.

Curiously, several people that I’ve spoken to have all managed to get SIM cards supplied at hotel reception. $2, including top up. As it’s a ‘Chinese’ hotel, and given the Chinese attitude to following other people’s rules, I hardly think they’re being that compliant with the rules. I’d suggest someone is attempting to pull someone else’s plonker.
chrisjones
Expatriate

Post by chrisjones »

Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

chrisjones wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:50 pm Image
Well, I'm convinced.

The evidence is overwhelming!
Spoiler:

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Doc67 and Jerry Attrick were on the right track, DaveG made the right ID :thumb:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic