Quarantine longer than 14 days

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
chrisjones
Expatriate

Re: Quarantine longer than 14 days

Post by chrisjones »

MAGA wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:11 am We originally got tested on a Sunday. Now they say there are no weekend covid tests. This is a clear lie. The building owners were allowed to get a second test and leave after six days. I confirmed with the owner yesterday. A 14 day quarantine, should never be extended. To my understanding, they test on day 13, then let people go on 14. Today is day 14, no second test yet. I was told it's now unlikely they will do the second test on Monday. If someone has covid in the building, the 14 days start again.
Forced 28 day quarantine because somebody ELSE in the building you have never met tests positive, which could be a false positive anyway. That is like the lockdown of Wuhan.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

chrisjones wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:27 am
MAGA wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:11 am We originally got tested on a Sunday. Now they say there are no weekend covid tests. This is a clear lie. The building owners were allowed to get a second test and leave after six days. I confirmed with the owner yesterday. A 14 day quarantine, should never be extended. To my understanding, they test on day 13, then let people go on 14. Today is day 14, no second test yet. I was told it's now unlikely they will do the second test on Monday. If someone has covid in the building, the 14 days start again.
Forced 28 day quarantine because somebody ELSE in the building you have never met tests positive, which could be a false positive anyway. That is like the lockdown of Wuhan.
You'll get over it!
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

chrisjones wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:27 am
I’ve been through a total of 6 mandatory quarantines so far since borders “closed”, incl a 3 week one in HK, not counting trips to London and Frankfurt because they didn’t enforce it earlier in 2020. You will survive. Consider it a punishment for travelling during a pandemic.
And, yes, there is always a risk to get locked in or out of your apartment. But it could as well happen if one of your colleagues tests positive. It’s a risk everyone lives with these days, i guess.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic