I NEED HELP FOR FATHER IN BATTAMBANG

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
User avatar
KILLAKINGFURIOUS
Tourist
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:49 am
Reputation: 6
Canada

Re: I NEED HELP FOR FATHER IN BATTAMBANG

Post by KILLAKINGFURIOUS »

Hi. He is in better care now. We are working on getting him back. You all have been a hugr help. Thank you
User avatar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Posts: 9471
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm
Reputation: 5080
Burkina Faso

Re: I NEED HELP FOR FATHER IN BATTAMBANG

Post by John Bingham »

daeum_tnaot wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:44 pm Diabetes is very common in Cambodia but from what I can see here people almost never use insulin injections, they usually take a pill.
That's because it's Type 2 Diabetes that is most prevalent in Cambodia, this requires changes in eating habits. White steamed rice is not advised but try telling any local they can't eat their staple diet. Type 1 is the one that requires insulin injections.


https://www.idf.org/aboutdiabetes/what-is-diabetes.html
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Posts: 11992
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Reputation: 2982
Tokelau

Re: I NEED HELP FOR FATHER IN BATTAMBANG

Post by Anchor Moy »

KILLAKINGFURIOUS wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:20 pm Hi. He is in better care now. We are working on getting him back. You all have been a hugr help. Thank you
Hi, That's good news. It's always a worry to have family sick in Cambodia, but I guess the covid situation makes it even worse.
Best of luck to you all.
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 14796
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Reputation: 2836
Location: កម្ពុជា
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: I NEED HELP FOR FATHER IN BATTAMBANG

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

im going to go to Battambong but not until the 20th, but if i can help let me know
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:43 pm
Reputation: 92
Nepal

Re: I NEED HELP FOR FATHER IN BATTAMBANG

Post by daeum_tnaot »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:47 pm
daeum_tnaot wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:44 pm Diabetes is very common in Cambodia but from what I can see here people almost never use insulin injections, they usually take a pill.
That's because it's Type 2 Diabetes that is most prevalent in Cambodia, this requires changes in eating habits. White steamed rice is not advised but try telling any local they can't eat their staple diet. Type 1 is the one that requires insulin injections.


https://www.idf.org/aboutdiabetes/what-is-diabetes.html
Check a Google search "Do people with type 2 diabetes require insulin injections?"

It may be that there is some variation in the way doctors are taught, about the recommended treatment for a person with Type 2 diabetes. Cambodian doctors may be influenced by French tradition?

Totally agree about white rice, but now there's also the problem with these "energy" drinks like red bull.
User avatar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Posts: 9471
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm
Reputation: 5080
Burkina Faso

Re: I NEED HELP FOR FATHER IN BATTAMBANG

Post by John Bingham »

daeum_tnaot wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:24 am
John Bingham wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:47 pm
daeum_tnaot wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:44 pm Diabetes is very common in Cambodia but from what I can see here people almost never use insulin injections, they usually take a pill.
That's because it's Type 2 Diabetes that is most prevalent in Cambodia, this requires changes in eating habits. White steamed rice is not advised but try telling any local they can't eat their staple diet. Type 1 is the one that requires insulin injections.


https://www.idf.org/aboutdiabetes/what-is-diabetes.html
Check a Google search "Do people with type 2 diabetes require insulin injections?"

It may be that there is some variation in the way doctors are taught, about the recommended treatment for a person with Type 2 diabetes. Cambodian doctors may be influenced by French tradition?

Totally agree about white rice, but now there's also the problem with these "energy" drinks like red bull.
I don't know, I know quite a few Cambodian diabetics though and they don't take insulin.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
User avatar
KILLAKINGFURIOUS
Tourist
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:49 am
Reputation: 6
Canada

Re: I NEED HELP FOR FATHER IN BATTAMBANG

Post by KILLAKINGFURIOUS »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:41 am im going to go to Battambong but not until the 20th, but if i can help let me know
You are so nice. Thank you. I appreciate all the help and tips i have been given. I think i will be going down there myself.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:43 pm
Reputation: 92
Nepal

Re: I NEED HELP FOR FATHER IN BATTAMBANG

Post by daeum_tnaot »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:41 am
daeum_tnaot wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:24 am
John Bingham wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:47 pm
daeum_tnaot wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:44 pm Diabetes is very common in Cambodia but from what I can see here people almost never use insulin injections, they usually take a pill.
That's because it's Type 2 Diabetes that is most prevalent in Cambodia, this requires changes in eating habits. White steamed rice is not advised but try telling any local they can't eat their staple diet. Type 1 is the one that requires insulin injections.


https://www.idf.org/aboutdiabetes/what-is-diabetes.html
Check a Google search "Do people with type 2 diabetes require insulin injections?"

It may be that there is some variation in the way doctors are taught, about the recommended treatment for a person with Type 2 diabetes. Cambodian doctors may be influenced by French tradition?

Totally agree about white rice, but now there's also the problem with these "energy" drinks like red bull.
I don't know, I know quite a few Cambodian diabetics though and they don't take insulin.
Yes, but Cambodia is not exactly the gold standard in terms of health care practices! :stir:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AM34, Arget, Bing [Bot], BklynBoy, bunfuntamun, ergosemper, Ghostwriter, IraHayes, Sambodia, The Judge, username, Woody and 794 guests