I NEED HELP FOR FATHER IN BATTAMBANG

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
KILLAKINGFURIOUS
Tourist
Canada

I NEED HELP FOR FATHER IN BATTAMBANG

Post by KILLAKINGFURIOUS »

Hi all.

My father in law is stuck out there, he has had a stroke and is surrounded by his family who are taking whatever money we send. He needs certain antibiotics and the doctors in Battambang dont know what they are doing. I need someone to bring him the proper medicine. He has diabetes and oral thrush. He has barely eaten or drank anything due to oral thrush. I need him to get healthy so he can get strong enough to come back home to Canada. Can anyone help me???
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: I NEED HELP FOR FATHER IN BATTAMBANG

Post by IraHayes »

Can't help but as a suggestion you may also want to ask this question on any ex-pat FB groups that are Battambang centric.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

KILLAKINGFURIOUS wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:02 am Hi all.

My father in law is stuck out there, he has had a stroke and is surrounded by his family who are taking whatever money we send. He needs certain antibiotics and the doctors in Battambang dont know what they are doing. I need someone to bring him the proper medicine. He has diabetes and oral thrush. He has barely eaten or drank anything due to oral thrush. I need him to get healthy so he can get strong enough to come back home to Canada. Can anyone help me???
Some taxis and minibuses do home delivery. You could also send it by big bus and let family members collect it. if you go to any bus station with buses to Battambang now the items will be there by the end of the day.

<edit>
Unless you're in Canada of course. Overlooked that option....
Last edited by Kammekor on Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

Sorry I can't help directly and I genuinely wish your father in law well, but a little advice for when you come on a forum like this in these circumstances. Choose a more friendly name than the one you chose and try using words like "please" and "thank you" in your post. Good luck!
KILLAKINGFURIOUS
Tourist
Canada

I have more important things on my mind instead of my name linked to my Gmail account. But thank you
KILLAKINGFURIOUS
Tourist
Canada

IraHayes wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:51 am Can't help but as a suggestion you may also want to ask this question on any ex-pat FB groups that are Battambang centric.
Thank you. I will for sure. God bless
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

A question: do you know if the antibiotics he needs are available in Cambodia? They may not be. If you could name them we may be able to find out. There may be alternative medicines that are available. If they are available they can be purchased and sent by bus thus avoiding sending money. Do not assume the doctors do not know what they are doing - diabetes is common in Cambodia and the treatments are pretty standard. They may well be doing the best they can with the resources they have available.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Bluenose wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:06 am Sorry I can't help directly and I genuinely wish your father in law well, but a little advice for when you come on a forum like this in these circumstances. Choose a more friendly name than the one you chose and try using words like "please" and "thank you" in your post. Good luck!
Politeness goes without saying, always good to say please and thank you even if you don't mean it. But the handle is fine, maybe he's Rainbow fan like me and enjoys their song: Kill the King. And he's got plenty to be furious about if gold diggers are taking the money intended for the father. My recommendation would be for him to get to Battambang ASAP. It's nice and he can help the father.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

yeah cut the guy a little slack ... It's his F-I-L so his wife is could be venting her frustrations on hubby who is doing the best he can under the current circumstances. And to be fair dropping everything and coming on a rescue mission to Cambodia would be bad enough in normal times but with the ol' Wu-Flu the whole escapade moves into epic territory.
KILLAKINGFURIOUS
Tourist
Canada

samrong01 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:23 am

A question: do you know if the antibiotics he needs are available in Cambodia? They may not be. If you could name them we may be able to find out. There may be alternative medicines that are available. If they are available they can be purchased and sent by bus thus avoiding sending money. Do not assume the doctors do not know what they are doing - diabetes is common in Cambodia and the treatments are pretty standard. They may well be doing the best they can with the resources they have available.
Hi. He needs antibiotics for oral thrush. I believe there is a spray that kills fungal infections and he needa and IV. I need to arrange for him to get to world Maate hospital
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic