Brit Gordon Reginald Ashmore Dies in Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Brit Gordon Reginald Ashmore Dies in Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

67 year old British expat Gordon Reginald Ashmore died in Sihanouk Provincial Hospital from diabetes in the beach town of Sihanoukville, Cambodia.

His body has been prepared to be sent back to the UK.

Khmenglish:
Spoiler:
An elderly British man died of diabetes in Sihanouk Provincial Hospital on the afternoon of December 2, 2014, after his wife's ethnic Khmer taken to recover the past two days.

The doctor at the Provincial Hospital, Sihanouk said the Englishman, named 68-year-old ASMORE GORDON REGINALD passport number 706778334 his death from diabetes can not be recovered.

The bodies were physicians Embassy packaging store return home ready .H / N

CEN News
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jo Bold
Expatriate

Re: Brit Gordon Reginald Ashmore Dies in Sihanoukville, Camb

Post by Jo Bold »

Gordon, who run the Espresso Kampuchea in Sihanoukville for at least 14 years will not be brought back to the UK.
After clearance from the british embassy his funeral will be in Wat Krom in Sihanoukville.
Jo Bold
Expatriate

Post by Jo Bold »

The funeral is today at 1:30pm at Wat Krom.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Shame to hear, a very unique and interesting guy the few times I met him. Mostly when joining Tim Linkinwater (or however his username is spelled) for a coffee while he was in town. The banter between the two of them was priceless.
Tim Linkinwater
Expatriate

Post by Tim Linkinwater »

You don't get many Gordons in this world.
Strange, given what a cunt he was, but I am proud to say I loved him, toxic old bastard that he was.

Sophal also loved him and is in bits, so if anyone's about take care of her.

Can't get down there in time, but I wouldn't breathe in too much of the smoke from his pyre if you know what's good for you.

Bye bye old friend.

xxxxxxxxx

Edit: Cremation 2pm Wat Kraum.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Tim Linkinwater wrote:You don't get many Gordons in this world.
Strange, given what a cunt he was, but I am proud to say I loved him, toxic old bastard that he was.

Sophal also loved him and is in bits, so if anyone's about take care of her.

Can't get down there in time, but I wouldn't breathe in too much of the smoke from his pyre if you know what's good for you.

Bye bye old friend.

xxxxxxxxx

Edit: Cremation 2pm Wat Kraum.
Was with him about a week ago and I was devastated to see how ill he had become. He was slumped in his chair and could hardly talk. However later that evening after few "Ballantines" he seemed to cheer up a bit. When I left to visit Bob at Aqua, Gordon said he would come along shortly and I was extremely surprised when he did! He managed a couple of drinks before Sophal and I loaded him on the bike to go home. He was cursing all the time in typical Gordon fashion.

Another close friend of Gordon's pmd me after I left and updated me about Gordon's condition. He stayed with him until the end and provided assistance and support to Sophal. He was a true friend to both of them. I tried calling Sophal when I heard of his death but the phone (understandably) was not contactable. Would have liked to attend his funeral but unfortunately I found out too late. Gordon, despite being a bit of a curmudgeon had a generous side that endeared him to many friends, and he was extremely lucky to have such a first rate wife, one of the finest women I have had the privilege to know anywhere.
Tim Linkinwater
Expatriate

Post by Tim Linkinwater »

There are two beautiful young women bawling their eyes out and throwing white flowers into the Mekong right now. They didn't know him all that well and neither one is his widow.

For a cunt, he was well loved.

Miss you, bastard.
giblet
Expatriate

Post by giblet »

Tim Linkinwater wrote:For a cunt, he was well loved.
A lovely and fitting epitaph. I can't explain why, but I had a place in my heart for Gordon and was really saddened to hear the news of his passing. He was one of a kind.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic