Affordable Dentist

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
SlackWaster
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Affordable Dentist

Post by SlackWaster »

Hello Mate
I can't recommend enough the dentist in aeon Mall 2 (Sen Sok City) called Roomchange Dental Hospital. His name is Meng Hang - best dentist I've had anywhere in the world. Prices are insane, aftercare is second to none, and he's a really nice bloke.

Hope this helps.
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

SlackWaster wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:14 pm Hello Mate
I can't recommend enough the dentist in aeon Mall 2 (Sen Sok City) called Roomchange Dental Hospital. His name is Meng Hang - best dentist I've had anywhere in the world. Prices are insane, aftercare is second to none, and he's a really nice bloke.

Hope this helps.
Thanks i heard roomchang is a bit pricey. today i went for my second appointment for the crown with a cambodian dentist, of course the crown did not fit so next week we try again. Cross your fingers.
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

Shockingly, the crown they created for me did not fit, thats actually because its a tight space (a smaller tooth) so they had to redo it and im waiting on the second go round. We will see how long in stays inside my head without problems.
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

Labelle clinic

Been going there for a few yrs
I've had two implants done and regular checkups. Last time had two cavities filled + cleaning for a total of $30
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Kammekor wrote:
Matty9999 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:55 am Hey guys looking for an affordable dentist. Current dentist in Phnom Penh is quoting me $550 for a Zirconium crown which seems a bit expensive. Does anyone know a more affordable place that wont wreck my teeth? thanks ive heard of roomchang but of course that is also expensive.
Labelle, street 110. They have dual pricing system but are still relatively cheap.
Been going there for years and they don't have dual pricing. At least not if you speak Khmer. Pagna is also good if living in TTP area.

Only went to Roomchang once then years ago and had a horrible experience. You don't always get what you pay for... Shiny exterior, but not necessarily good dentists.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:06 am
Kammekor wrote:
Matty9999 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:55 am Hey guys looking for an affordable dentist. Current dentist in Phnom Penh is quoting me $550 for a Zirconium crown which seems a bit expensive. Does anyone know a more affordable place that wont wreck my teeth? thanks ive heard of roomchang but of course that is also expensive.
Labelle, street 110. They have dual pricing system but are still relatively cheap.
Been going there for years and they don't have dual pricing. At least not if you speak Khmer. Pagna is also good if living in TTP area.

Only went to Roomchang once then years ago and had a horrible experience. You don't always get what you pay for... Shiny exterior, but not necessarily good dentists.
Labelle have dual pricing for people not speaking Khmer. Not sure about non Khmer speaking regulars, maybe they charge them the local fee as well. I speak Khmer with them and get charged accordingly since day one. Even if you pay 'foreigner price' it's still value for money as far as I'm concerned.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

I have been using Roomchang since they opened and have had numerous implants and crowns done including some dental surgery and also minor work which has always been done well. Previously I used to go to Bangkok but going to Roomchang made this unnecessary. My latest visit was about a month ago for a checkup and minor filling. Heres a cut and paste of of a post I made about seven years ago.
Kuroneko wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:16 am
Roomchang in Phnom Penh have all the right equipment and are equally as good as anything in Bangkok. IMO better than my Bangkok dentist. Check out their site here: http://roomchang.com/

Here's a cut and paste of my comments on another thread:

I made some inquiries concerning implants and got recommendations for Dr. Lov at Roomchang. He subsequently did the implant and did an excellent job. For serious dental work I previously went to Bangkok, now all my dental work is done by Roomchang. The thing I like about Roomchang which goes for other top notch Asian style dentists is they have all the required equipment on site and usually do the work in one hit, and so you are not messing about with time wasting repeat appointments. ask-the-expat/cambodian-dentists-t4928- ... =roomchang
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

Equinix wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:37 am Labelle clinic Image

Been going there for a few yrs
I've had two implants done and regular checkups. Last time had two cavities filled + cleaning for a total of $30 Image
Wow, thats so cheap! so for you all to know, my previous place was Malis but they are too pricey. Labelle got my crown done and it seems to look and fit just great! although it took a little while to get to this stage.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Kammekor wrote:
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:06 am
Kammekor wrote:

Labelle have dual pricing for people not speaking Khmer. Not sure about non Khmer speaking regulars, maybe they charge them the local fee as well. I speak Khmer with them and get charged accordingly since day one. Even if you pay 'foreigner price' it's still value for money as far as I'm concerned.
I also speak Khmer and get the same price, and friends I've referred who don't speak Khmer got the same price AFAIK. I don't think there's any type of dual pricing.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

I thought I'd try to give another option which might help someone.

The best dentist I've visited is here in PP. He has practiced here for over 30 years. After college, he first started his carrier in a lab making dental prosthetics. So he knows good work. His lab is great. His prices are Khmer prices. People from many provinces make the trip just to see him.
All of his equipment is state-of-the-art accept his chair, right down to his battery powered hand held x-ray machine that's like a radar gun.

The practise name is in Khmer which I cannot read. He's on st 136 almost diagonally from the smile market a few blocks from riverside. There are 2 dental offices side by side. His is the one furthest from the smile mart with a small dog always leashed to the open front door during hours. Dental room has aircon which is nice and cool.
Opened Saturday and Sunday, and I believe 7 days a week, until 10 pm.
Still here, in country...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic