Tiger Woods in Car Crash (again!)

Title says it all really...
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Tiger Woods in Car Crash (again!)

Post by Doc67 »

Tiger Woods injured and rushed to surgery after car wreck

Sounds quite serious and particularly for a sportsman.

Tiger Woods was injured when the car he was driving hurtled off a road in a Los Angeles suburb and rolled over, sending the golfing legend to a hospital where he was undergoing surgery for “multiple” leg injuries.

According to Los Angeles county police, no other vehicles were involved in the wreck, and the Los Angeles Times, citing unnamed law enforcement officials, reported that Woods’ car was travelling at a high rate of speed when it lost control.

Authorities did not immediately disclose the severity of his injuries, but Mark Steinberg, Woods’ agent, issued a statement disclosing he had been taken into surgery for leg injuries.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said Woods was the driver and sole occupant of a vehicle involved in a rollover collision around 7am local time, with damage significant enough to require the use of the so-called jaws of life to extricate the star golfer from the wreckage.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/ti ... d=msedgdhp

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/ ... california
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Tiger Woods in Car Crash (again!)

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

You'd think with all the driving practice he does...

I recall something the great bass player Jaco Pastorius (sp?) said after Rolling Stone named him the greatest bass player of all time. To paraphrase: "I worked all my life to be the best bass player in the world and now that I am it doesn't mean jack shit!"

I feel to a degree for high profile people who have excelled in a field to be placed on pedestals, then to be scrutinized beyond fairness. It has to affect your psychology, surely. Add to that the promise of what you and others believed life would be like at the top...
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Tiger Woods in Car Crash (again!)

Post by pissontheroof »

With all his money and accidents why don’t he just hire a chauffeur ,? that way he could even have drink if he wants .
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic