BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
BOFH
Expatriate

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Post by BOFH »

By the way, even if the IP changes the block can be enumerated by looping p80 access responses for CEO content against the entire block of the host. Services like ShodanHQ may pick you up this way as well. Just another couple of reasons for restricting inc p80 to CF balancer blocks.

Sorry if I'm turning you into a bunch of paranoids BTW, I just really enjoy breaking stuff. If I cross any lines just let me know.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

nah, i appreciate it. on the upside, if someone started to cycle through my ISPs IP block I imagine they'd freak out and do something about it well before it got to mine...
BOFH
Expatriate

Post by BOFH »

OrangeDragon wrote:if someone started to cycle through my ISPs IP block I imagine they'd freak out
Search engines do it all the time.
Francis
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Francis »

OD, the "spell checker" doesn't work anymore. I need that thing........I can't spell :roll:
Und der Haifisch der hat Tränen
Und die laufen vom Gesicht
Doch der Haifisch lebt im Wasser
So die Tränen sieht man nicht

In der Tiefe ist es einsam
Und so manche Träne fliesst
Und so kommt es dass das Wasser
In den Meeren salzig ist
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

BOFH wrote:
Sorry if I'm turning you into a bunch of paranoids BTW, I just really enjoy breaking stuff. If I cross any lines just let me know.

hey dont worry, cant understand but 50% of what ur talking about anyway :beer3:

:thumb:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Francis wrote:OD, the "spell checker" doesn't work anymore. I need that thing........I can't spell :roll:
that's a feature of your browser, not the site.
Francis
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Francis »

OD, you got to check some of the emoticons. In certain cases you click on such a thing as displayed and a completely different thing shows up.
Und der Haifisch der hat Tränen
Und die laufen vom Gesicht
Doch der Haifisch lebt im Wasser
So die Tränen sieht man nicht

In der Tiefe ist es einsam
Und so manche Träne fliesst
Und so kommt es dass das Wasser
In den Meeren salzig ist
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

OrangeDragon wrote:"the new log in to prove your human" crap?

not sure i'm aware of this one... unless it's something the DNS host (cloudflare) is doing to prevent bot attacks... in which case i suggest resetting your IP address (by unplugging your router/modem for 30 seconds) as the one you have is a known spam/attack IP.

if they interrupt, I can't control what happens to the typed in content.
Update -

Not seeing that log in any longer, it seemed to have stopped last week. Did anyone else get the same screen? Seems a bit odd.

JP.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Joker Poker wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:"the new log in to prove your human" crap?

not sure i'm aware of this one... unless it's something the DNS host (cloudflare) is doing to prevent bot attacks... in which case i suggest resetting your IP address (by unplugging your router/modem for 30 seconds) as the one you have is a known spam/attack IP.

if they interrupt, I can't control what happens to the typed in content.
Update -

Not seeing that log in any longer, it seemed to have stopped last week. Did anyone else get the same screen? Seems a bit odd.

JP.
suggests even more it was the ISP working to protect us from bots, and you had a dirty IP address.
BOFH
Expatriate

Post by BOFH »

Can you please throw some redirect rules into your httpd conf to redirect all traffic from www subdomain to no subdomain? When I visit the page using www. it causes some interesting issues where Cloudflare needs me to verify for accessing without the subdomain but not with it, making all text work but breaks all JS, CSS and images.

It'll simplify your Ganalytics also with just one site being monitored. Google usually complains about duplicate content and reports in webmaster tools.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic