Western Man Feels Up Bar Girls and Gets Fighty in G-Pub

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
angsta
Expatriate
Iran

Re: Western Man Feels Up Bar Girls and Gets Fighty in G-Pub

Post by angsta »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:06 am
Doc67 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:58 am Any bar that is still open at 5am deserves everything that is coming to them.
Wow, some real old time Presbyterian vibes in a number of the replies here this morning . Don't party after 40, close pubs at a decent hour. Deport any forigeners whose behavior does not reflect mine...

Sounds like you all have hangovers
It all went a bit ''Thai Visa' for a minute there.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:09 am
AndyKK wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:59 am Why don't such people learn that its out of order to walk into a top hostess establishment, feeling the quality of the merchandise before buying them a lady drink or two, and being so shameful to come from another bar drunk.
Do I detect a tone of sarcasm from you Andy? Like in a fruit shop, sampling the goods to see if they are firm and ripe? Try before you buy? :lol:
It's all there for a perpose clutchcargo, firstly bars have drink and on the odd occasions they may have one or two drunk's in there too. Second, is it not a lady bar. Some may act all dignified when visiting such establishments, and the hostesses may be prim and proper. I would think it depends on the person, or his/hers personality, it sounds in this case it was a bad night all round, whatever the unseen problem was to be. The thing is the kind of place it is, should it not be a fun place, and if the guy was over the top to much, maybe he got, what some may think he deserved.
I think most know the mall has mixed reviews, what I have read and seen, it's not a place on my favorite list.
Now the fruit stall on the market is a different game, does miss cargo sample any fruit while she is there buying?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

AndyKK wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:06 am
clutchcargo wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:09 am
AndyKK wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:59 am Why don't such people learn that its out of order to walk into a top hostess establishment, feeling the quality of the merchandise before buying them a lady drink or two, and being so shameful to come from another bar drunk.
Do I detect a tone of sarcasm from you Andy? Like in a fruit shop, sampling the goods to see if they are firm and ripe? Try before you buy? :lol:
It's all there for a perpose clutchcargo, firstly bars have drink and on the odd occasions they may have one or two drunk's in there too. Second, is it not a lady bar. Some may act all dignified when visiting such establishments, and the hostesses may be prim and proper. I would think it depends on the person, or his/hers personality, it sounds in this case it was a bad night all round, whatever the unseen problem was to be. The thing is the kind of place it is, should it not be a fun place, and if the guy was over the top to much, maybe he got, what some may think he deserved.
I think most know the mall has mixed reviews, what I have read and seen, it's not a place on my favorite list.
Now the fruit stall on the market is a different game, does miss cargo sample any fruit while she is there buying?
Just having a bit fun there Andy. :beer3:

Unless the format has changed as I haven't been for years, it's a bar in one of those small 'hole in the wall' shop front alleys where they used to also have a hairdresser for the Sorya girls and fish game gambling places. Down an alley inside Sorya roughly behind Pontoon. Apart from the female bar staff, AFAIK there were no employed 'hostesses' as such so not strictly a 'hostess bar' in my book. Rather, a bar along the lines of the old Walkabout where freelancers could go to ply their trade. These would include Sorya mall girls that would gravitate there and Pontoon girls after it would close. Nevertheless, there were also 'off duty' girls from hostess bars after their bar closed.

In some ways, it was a bar of 'last resort' where girls could find a customer. Albeit, years later some hostess bars on st136 started operating 24 hrs so that made G Pub not the only late night/morning option. It could be a pretty seedy place to go though at that time of the morning with many already with a gutful of grog. Not unlike the bar on Mars in Total Recall :mrgreen:

kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:06 am
Doc67 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:58 am Any bar that is still open at 5am deserves everything that is coming to them.
Wow, some real old time Presbyterian vibes in a number of the replies here this morning . Don't party after 40, close pubs at a decent hour. Deport any forigeners whose behavior does not reflect mine...

Sounds like you all have hangovers
Nice one bro
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

So is it G-Pub like Gangsta-Pub, or Groping-Pub, Girls-Pub(es in my glass), or Gee-what-did-you-spike-my-glass-with-Pub, or what ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic