Motorcycle disc lock and alarm?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
troelshartmann
Expatriate
Australia

Motorcycle disc lock and alarm?

Post by troelshartmann »

My girlfriend had her scooter stolen for the second time. I use an alarm like this in Aus:

https://www.mcas.com.au/shop/item/xtech ... -lock-55mm which does the job for me and my bike.

We managed to only find one place selling this type of alarm/lock in PP:

https://www.facebook.com/35634409121249 ... 461255149/

but he doesn't sell the cable (which is part of the deterrent and also a reminder to yourself that the lock is on).

Anyone know a supplier of the whole thing or alternatively just the cable?
Skankykins
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Motorcycle disc lock and alarm?

Post by Skankykins »

troelshartmann wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:07 pm My girlfriend had her scooter stolen for the second time. I use an alarm like this in Aus:

https://www.mcas.com.au/shop/item/xtech ... -lock-55mm which does the job for me and my bike.

We managed to only find one place selling this type of alarm/lock in PP:

https://www.facebook.com/35634409121249 ... 461255149/

but he doesn't sell the cable (which is part of the deterrent and also a reminder to yourself that the lock is on).

Anyone know a supplier of the whole thing or alternatively just the cable?

Hometop, pal.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Worth a viewing:

Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
troelshartmann
Expatriate
Australia

Post by troelshartmann »

Skankykins wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:49 pm Hometop, pal.
Thanks - not heard of it but just Googled. Have you seen these there or it's just a suggestion?
troelshartmann
Expatriate
Australia

Post by troelshartmann »

Spigzy wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:47 am Worth a viewing:
Interesting to watch.

However if you look at the type of lock I have/want you can see it would be almost impossible to cut off without cutting the bike brake disc. Also the alarm goes off within a few seconds of being touched or the bike moved. Mine has been pretty effective.

The fact that they don't seem that common in Cambodia is also a plus.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I have a kryptonite I brought over myself, but I've also gotten some smaller ones shipped in via Amazon and Aliexpress.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
troelshartmann
Expatriate
Australia

Post by troelshartmann »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:59 am I have a kryptonite I brought over myself, but I've also gotten some smaller ones shipped in via Amazon and Aliexpress.
The Krytonite is probably too heavy / bulky for her to carry around. The disc lock is pretty compact.

Amazon will ship to Cambodia? Is that Amazon Aus?

I've bought stuff from AliExpress but it took forever.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Kriptonite have small ones as well. And she's not lugging it around, she's leaving it under the seat of the bike... I'm assuming she has a scooter of course.

Check out AliExpress, very cheap (not good quality, but a nice deterrent as they're not common here). Otherwise you use a freight forwarding service, but good quality ones are fairly hefty so costs a bit to ship.

troelshartmann
Expatriate
Australia

Post by troelshartmann »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:09 am Check out AliExpress, very cheap (not good quality, but a nice deterrent as they're not common here). Otherwise you use a freight forwarding service, but good quality ones are fairly hefty so costs a bit to ship.
As I mentioned, I've used AliExpress but they took months. I can get DHL delivery on there (8-14 days) for about $35 AUD which would be a fallback.

See my question about amazon?
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Check Camboquick/iBuycambo/beVeasna/Fado123 on Facebook. They can order for you. Just send them a link to what you want.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic