A Chinese and a Cambodian in RCAF Cars Collide

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

A Chinese and a Cambodian in RCAF Cars Collide

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On February 04, 2021, at 10:10 pm, a drunk Chinese man drove a car crossing the road and crashed on national road 4, Sangkat Chom Chao 3, Khan Porsenchey, Phnom Penh.
A Chinese man drove a car plate RCAF 12-3236 from north to south and turned east. Suddenly, the Chinese man's car crashed into another car plate, RCAF 022-9810, driven in the direction from west to east. The local people said a Cambodian man drove a Lexus RX400 plate RCAF022-9810 from west to east at medium speed. Until the QMI traffic light, a GS8 car plate RCAF 012-3236 smashed at the back of the Cambodian man's car.

The Chinese man didn't get out of the car until the police arrived, and he called up a translator to come to the accident scene to negotiate for him.The Chinese man agreed to pay for the compensation to the Cambodian driver.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: A Chinese and a Cambodian in RCAF Cars Collide

Post by John Bingham »

This is where it gets ridiculous. About ten years ago, every second car had an RCAF plate. Then they clamped down on them. Even an uncle who was a lieutenant colonel or something in the Gendarmerie had his plate taken away for a while before they reissued them. So now they are relatively rare, but every second expensive car has a VIP RCAF card behind the windscreen. As for the real RCAF plates, I might be wrong but if you are high ranking and have a few cars you can have the same plate on any of them. These are supposed to be only driven by military personnel but generally this extends to family members who understandably might need to use your Raptor or Rubicon to go and buy accoutrements at Aeon II. However I don't see how this extends to hiring your army plated car out to foreigners. That's a serious security risk. Someone need reigning in. :roll:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:46 am Image
This is where it gets ridiculous. About ten years ago, every second car had an RCAF plate. Then they clamped down on them. Even an uncle who was a lieutenant colonel or something in the Gendarmerie had his plate taken away for a while before they reissued them. So now they are relatively rare, but every second expensive car has a VIP RCAF card behind the windscreen. As for the real RCAF plates, I might be wrong but if you are high ranking and have a few cars you can have the same plate on any of them. These are supposed to be only driven by military personnel but generally this extends to family members who understandably might need to use your Raptor or Rubicon to go and buy accoutrements at Aeon II. However I don't see how this extends to hiring your army plated car out to foreigners. That's a serious security risk. Someone need reigning in. :roll:
This seems to be an on-going problem. Thread from 2019:
general-chatter/chinese-armed-forces-ca ... 29929.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
imiss.you
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by imiss.you »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:46 am Image
First they are not allow to have the same plate number on them it is illegal and it is strictly issue from H.E Sao Sokha to any gendarmerie members they could lose their title or expel. I think you can buy VIP RCAF card so u can enter VIP entrance when you go visit the HQ but not for THREATS traffic police any more. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic