Mandatory quarantine for14days

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Mandatory quarantine for14days

Post by Alex »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:33 pm
Alex wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:16 pm I don't understand why they haven't transitioned to a system where travelers choose and book their quarantine hotel on their own. I think it would be in everyone's interest - better hotels get to charge more and I'm sure many travelers are willing to pay extra for some added comfort (or edible food for that matter!).
C'mon...surely you already know the answer to that :wink:
Not really, to be honest. They didn't strike me as people who object to extra payments coming their way. What I would get is the opposite: If they made the regular quarantine so horrible that most people felt compelled to pay extra. As that's apparently not on offer, everyone loses.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Well, finally, I’m on my way home. By the time quarantine is finished, it will be nearly 5 months since I left.

For those interested-

I’m travelling with Emirates, LHR - DXB -SIN - PNH. Jet star are operating the last sector from singers to PP.

Documentation wise-
PCR test (usual 72hr caveat)
Forte insurance
Total surprise- a health declaration for transiting through Singapore. In my defence, this was all set up on Monday. The www.MOH.GOV.SG website is a bit clunky, especially when you get to certain parts of the form where the drop down menus don’t work quite so well.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

This is a fucker for new arrivals if true and you test positive for Delta

Quarantine Period to be Extended For One Week For Delta Variant
Quarantine period has been extended to 21 days for Delta and Delta Plus variants, stressed Prime Minister HE in his statement on the current COVID-19 situation in Cambodia this morning.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50884967/q ... 9B1EljeQnn
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Bloody hell I suppose the price has to increase also
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Quarantine on arrival has not been extended to 3 weeks.

The extended quarantine period applies to anyone who tests positive for the Delta variant, they will be quarantined in a dedicated quarantine/treatment facility separate from those who tested positive for other variants.

In true Khmer Times style, a poorly researched and written article, which is vague and misleading.

This article is not as misleading or vague...

https://cambodianess.com/article/pm-ord ... ta-variant
Last edited by PSD-Kiwi on Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
sousadeyy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by sousadeyy »

Freightdog wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:08 pm Well, finally, I’m on my way home. By the time quarantine is finished, it will be nearly 5 months since I left.

For those interested-

I’m travelling with Emirates, LHR - DXB -SIN - PNH. Jet star are operating the last sector from singers to PP.

Documentation wise-
Forte insurance
Total surprise- a health declaration for transiting through Singapore. In my defence, this was all set up on Monday. The www.MOH.GOV.SG website is a bit clunky, especially when you get to certain parts of the form where the drop down menus don’t work quite so well.
Let me know how the trip goes.
I'm doing the same flight in a couple of weeks time.

Safe travels!
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

sousadeyy wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:05 am
Let me know how the trip goes.
I'm doing the same flight in a couple of weeks time.

Safe travels!
No problem.
I think I might run a separate thread, to avoid sending this one off on a tangent.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Freightdog wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:08 pm Well, finally, I’m on my way home. By the time quarantine is finished, it will be nearly 5 months since I left.

For those interested-

Documentation wise-
Forte insurance
So, Singapore has end it's blacklisting of people with a travel history to the UK. The began it with the UK variant. They have blacklisted India etc because of the Delta variant. How did the UK escape being blacklisted again because of the delta variant?

Get in while you can mate, Cambodia could start blacklisting the UK!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:52 pm Quarantine on arrival has not been extended to 3 weeks.

The extended quarantine period applies to anyone who tests positive for the Delta variant, they will be quarantined in a dedicated quarantine/treatment facility separate from those who tested positive for other variants.

In true Khmer Times style, a poorly researched and written article, which is vague and misleading.

This article is not as misleading or vague...

https://cambodianess.com/article/pm-ord ... ta-variant
This implies they are sequencing all positive tests for arrivals. Impressive if true (which I doubt).
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

For those interested-

Just curious. Are you returning by a different route? The DXB transfer would red list you on arrival at LHR?

BTW, that Jetstar flight is sardine city. I'd pay for an emergency exit row seat.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic