Looking for Ear doctor

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
WizBall
Expatriate
Mauritius

Looking for Ear doctor

Post by WizBall »

Hi, I wondered if anyone can recommend an ear doctor to do an examination for my wIfe.
She suffers pain in one ear on an irregular basis and I want it treated if possible. Any good ear doctors in Phnom Penh who that could help?
YeP
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Looking for Ear doctor

Post by YeP »

See the article titled Expats wife has heart attack in General Chatter forum he mentions a ENT Doctor
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

YeP wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:59 am See the article titled Expats wife has heart attack in General Chatter forum he mentions a ENT Doctor
http://www.sensokiuh.com/en/prof-matela-lvan/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

YeP wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:59 am See the article titled Expats wife has heart attack in General Chatter forum he mentions a ENT Doctor
http://www.sensokiuh.com/en/prof-matela-lvan/

From another thread on the subject:
topic5555.html#p83468
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

This reply to me about a woman with a large perforation to her ear drum that I am trying to find a financial benefactor/sponsor for should give you the information you seek.

10th September 2020

Dear Mr. OML

Thank you very much for getting back in touch and updating me on matters.

She still has the two options: Doing nothing (not having surgery) although, in the presence of a perforation that is too large to heal by itself, she will be prone to recurrent ear infections in the future or she can opt for reconstructive surgery (surgical repair of the eardrum).

A referral letter to Preah Ang Duong Hospital should not be necessary. She would be seen in the ENT Outpatients Department Clinic at which time her condition would be diagnosed and options for treatment explained. Assuming that the ENT physician there agrees with AEC’s diagnosis then the necessary steps taken for the surgical option would be outlined and Ms. Chin could make her decision as to whether she would like to go ahead.

Please bear in mind that there are one or two foreign ENT doctors in Phnom Penh (in private practice) should she prefer to get an alternative professional opinion before making a decision about surgery. They include:

Dr. Isabelle de Gaudemar (Royal Phnom Penh Hospital and Advance European Medical Centre) (French national)

Professor Ivan Matela (Sen Sok International University Hospital) (Russian national)

Dr. Lucy Haurisa (Embassy Medical Clinic/Raffles Medical Clinic) (Filipino national)

Please also note that, as far as I understand (although I may be wrong), the first two of these perform this type of middle ear surgery at their respective locations.

Mr. OML, I hope this proves of help.

Yours Sincerely

Glyn Vaughan
Director - All Ears Cambodia
Program Manager – All Ears DPR Korea
Founder and Trustee – All Ears International
T: +855-(0)12-630175
[email protected]
[email protected]

Good luck. OML
reflexline
Expatriate

Post by reflexline »

I would avoid the French doctor at RPP. She’s incompetent.
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

Hello reflexline,

I would be grateful if you could expand as to your reasons/experience leading to your posting that the French ear doctor at the RPP being incompetent.
Is this based on a personal experience of surgery performed by her?
Obviously, I and others, wish to avoid incompetent surgeons of any type but we need some information upon which to base our assessments/decisions.

OML
reflexline
Expatriate

Post by reflexline »

Hi OML,

I have sent you a PM.
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

Thank you reflexline - received and definitely of interest.

OML
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by wolfcreek »

Dr. Lucy Harusa.... (Hope Worldwide Medical Center in Phnom Penh)...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic