Earplugs for riding

Have a car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle you'd like to sell? List it here for free. Heck, you can even buy and sell tuktuks or your pink Scoopy here. Remember, you need a driver's license in Cambodia for cars, trucks, and any motorbike that's over 125cc. And always wear a helmet!
mazeyG7676
Tourist
United States of America

Earplugs for riding

Post by mazeyG7676 »

Do you guys use earplugs when riding? I do have custom made earplugs made by Big Ear and I was wondering if there could be a market for earplugs there for other expats. Just thinking ahead since I want to start a business once I get there. I'm thinking of franchising from them.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Earplugs for riding

Post by ExPenhMan »

Sorry, but no, I never wear earplugs when riding. I also don't have music blasting into my ears when walking. I want to hear everything around me, day and especially night.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

The number of expats doing the national road rides where ear plugs are worth it is minimal, probably a hundred tops. The number of locals doing the same trips though would be milions; just not a single one of them would buy this product unless it came with a free case of Ganzberg.

I ride in town, no point in ear plugs at all until 8pm & the outdoor Beer/KTV joints start allowing drunk guys to sing with speakers suddenly switched from zero to Motorhead. You're better off marketing them as a "Get a good night sleep!" product rather than for bikers!
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I have a few packs of the orange safety work types knocking around somewhere, all good intentions of using them, but I have not up to now.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic