Parents will come out of the woodwork if the kids get money.nerdlinger wrote: ↑Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:46 pmIf they were working in a brothel, are the parents even around?
- Posts: 42954
- Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:13 am
- Reputation: 2565
- Location: CEO Newsroom in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
By Rhett Burnie
Posted 5hhours ago, updated 1hour ago
An Adelaide man who admitted filming himself sexually abusing children in Cambodia and publishing the videos online has pleaded with a Supreme Court judge to be "merciful" in sentencing him.
Geoffrey William Moyle has pleaded guilty to 11 child exploitation charges — including the sexual abuse of six children in Cambodia between 2002 and 2005.
In sentencing submissions at the Supreme Court today, Moyle's defence lawyer Heath Barkley SC pleaded with Judge Paul Cuthbertson to consider a "merciful non-parole period" when sentencing the 46-year-old, citing his desire to see his family and his "life of hard work.".
Earlier today, the court heard a victim impact statement from one of Moyle's victims, who was 12 years old when the former aid worker filmed himself sexually abusing her in a Cambodian hotel room on two occasions.
"I could tell that the cameras were on," the court heard.
"Moyle did not speak at all … he looked like he was hiding his face.
"He denied that he filmed me … I was scared he would beat me."
'He feels genuine remorse'
The defence told the court Moyle had read the victim impact statement.
"He found it very confronting to hear her story," Mr Barkley said.
"He is remorseful for his role in her anguish … he feels genuine remorse and shame for the offences he's committed.
"From the moment he met his wife [in 2006] he made the decision to stop contact offending.
"In a sporadic way he did from time to time access child exploitation material [on the internet]."
Prosecution asks for maximum sentence
Judge Cuthbertson questioned why Moyle published the videos of his offending online, asking the defence if it was for financial reward.
The defence said he had not received money for the videos but had been "trading" material with other online predators.
The prosecution has asked the judge to impose the maximum sentence of life in prison.
The sentencing submissions continue.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-05/ ... n/13220162
Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US
Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY
Follow CEO on social media:
- Posts: 4566
- Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:31 am
- Reputation: 2712
- Location: Gilligan's Island
There are pedo worms
and on top, there is this worm.
Yes, in Oz it is relatively rare for prosecutors to ask for a max sentence. They tend to keep their powder dry for the really biggest pricks.
I think they must have seen right thru his apology and desperate attempts at bribery/"compensation". He is for sure one of the worst.
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Adelaide man charged with sexually abusing children in Cambodia
- 0 Replies
- 1025 Views
Last post by Anthony's Weiner
- 0 Replies
- 622 Views
Last post by CEOCambodiaNews
Ex-Chief Monk Charged with Sexually Abusing Novices
- 2 Replies
- 353 Views
Last post by atst
- 10 Replies
- 1584 Views
Last post by taabarang
Two Ladyboys Arrested for Sexually Assaulting Children in Phnom Penh
- 4 Replies
- 2103 Views
Last post by Jacobincambodia
Users browsing this forum: atst, barang_TK, Big'n, boofhead, bussterr, cautious colin, Cooldude, Doc67, Dr. Ifter, dullretard, Fourkinnel, fsdfdsdf, Ingvar 7788, JonnyBeeGee, Little_Vicious, LoukBongThom, ofparadise, Oumedc, Patcan, phuketrichard, PPUG, Railroad, Soriya, ta158, username, YeP and 1010 guests