Travel with dual citizenship

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Travel with dual citizenship

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:13 am I already have it. The new broom is the problem. The old broom that left the Embassy was the solution.
Yea the new first secretary is useless, Bong Khun was fantastic, real shame his posting is finished.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

This is why everyone should get their Cambodian children a Cambodian passport.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

I gotta say that this PSD-Kiwi is a pretty kick-ass resource for us here. Thanks for your time and effort, broham.

I picture him of an evening, snifter of whisky in hand, reclining in a well worn ez chair, perusing various Cambodian regulations and laws, for fun. :thumb:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:19 am
Doc67 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:13 am I already have it. The new broom is the problem. The old broom that left the Embassy was the solution.
Yea the new first secretary is useless, Bong Khun was fantastic, real shame his posting is finished.
I'm going to find out what the dates are on the old K-visa, but as you said, getting check-in to the flight is the issue with old/new passports and a visa in the wrong one. It would be a ballsy move to get your PCR tests and pay for the flights and then rock up to the airport with anything less than impeccable credentials.

There is also the option of confirmation from his employer as to the issue of the child coming with him, although this seems a bizarre solution to this problem.

Never give up....
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:22 am This is why everyone should get their Cambodian children a Cambodian passport.
Are you reading this D***???

Get the kid a Cambodian passport!

(and listen to me more often - if you had you would still be here!)
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:33 am
There is also the option of confirmation from his employer as to the issue of the child coming with him, although this seems a bizarre solution to this problem.
As the bloke has no supporting documentation for the K-type Visa application, and the fact the Embassy are saying they won't issue one without the mothers presence, then this is probably the simplest solution for your friend right now. A letter from the guys employer sponsoring the kid as an accompanying dependent, this will allow the kid to get an E-type (Ordinary) Visa (which the Embassy still incorrectly refer to as the Business Visa).

Then upon return to Cambodia, get a bloody Cambodian passport for the kid, it always amazes me the amount of people who for whatever reason choose not to.
Thailand2Cambodia
Tourist
Thailand

Post by Thailand2Cambodia »

What about sending old and new passports to another Cambodian embassy if the embassy in UK is shit?
GusKnocks
Tourist
United States of America

Post by GusKnocks »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:13 am

As the bloke has no supporting documentation for the K-type Visa application,
He's got a passport with a prior K visa right? Isn't that usually what's required?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

GusKnocks wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:18 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:13 am

As the bloke has no supporting documentation for the K-type Visa application,
He's got a passport with a prior K visa right? Isn't that usually what's required?
The previous K-type Visa should be sufficient, however many Embassy staff are demanding more supporting documentation ie. Birth Certificate, etc... and if you had read the comments, the Embassy in UK are telling this bloke they won't issue the K-type Visa without the mothers presence, absolutely clueless most of those Embassy staff.
VascoDeGrandma
Tourist
Portugal

Post by VascoDeGrandma »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:29 am
He didn't get "stopped". He checked with the immigration office prior to travel and was told of the requirement for the mother to be travelling with them for the first time.
Now I understand. He should have checked with multiple people. You can't just ask one person and assume the answer is correct, especially if it does not really make sense.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic