PolyClinic in Phnom Penh Accused of Malpractice

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

PolyClinic in Phnom Penh Accused of Malpractice

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

:evil: Image
Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): According to a complaint made to Dongkor police, a man who underwent a surgical intervention at the My Health Polyclinic at Toul Pong road, Phum Mol, Sangkat Dongo, Khan Dongkor, Phnom Penh, was neglected by staff when his case worsened post-surgery.

In the complaint, the man's mother, Sim Sambath, says: " I would like to inform the inspector that before the surgery, my son, E Panha had just a little stomach ache, but could still walk around and he drove his car to the clinic to see the doctor.
At the appointment, the doctor said that E Panha has a long-term intestine problem, for which he needs surgery. The doctor promised that two days after the surgery, the patient will be healed and would have no more problems.
However, 3 days after the surgery, E Panha's disease situation is very serious with increased swelling and respiratory difficulties, and when the family try to call the surgery doctor to discuss or monitor the disease, there is no doctor available.
Due to this issue and because the patient's condition was worsening by the day, the family decided to move the patient to the Khmer-Soviet Friendship Hospital for urgent treatment on 20 January 2021. The staff here are serious and professional.
Leaving the My Health clinic, we were presented with a bill for US$1000, even though we were told that the total fee would be $600.

Based on the above facts, I am asking the police officers of Khan Dangkor help find justice for my child and to get rid of the owner of the My Health Polyclinic. These bogus clinics should be closed down, they cause deaths with wrong techniques, but every complaint of the victim's family finishes nowhere; there is no license removal or legal punishment, so the same thing continues."
The police and the health authorities have said that they will investigate the allegations.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: PolyClinic in Phnom Penh Accused of Malpractice

Post by Jerry Atrick »

He's in a bad way
MustardBlu
Tourist

Re: PolyClinic in Phnom Penh Accused of Malpractice

Post by MustardBlu »

I couldn't imagine having stomach surgery at a place like that. It may have been a totally unnecessary operation. Sad.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic