TRUMPS 11's Hr Pardons

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: TRUMPS 11's Hr Pardons

Post by phuketrichard »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:28 pm Apparently there is provision for secret pardons.
- according to a US constitutional expert on Oz ABC tonight.
He said it is not clear if Biden will even get to know if Trump has issued one to himself - until Trump needs to play the card.

??
i covered this elsewhere;
IF he gave himself a secret pardon ( its not really secret as someone knows about it as would Biden ) its really only secret from the public,
'giving himself one is as good as admitting he is guilty of whatever he has given himself a pardon for and would ruin him ..
post469603.html?hilit=secret%20pardon#p469603
https://www.msn.com/en-my/news/other/co ... r-BB1d0KCF
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Alex wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:15 pm
beaker wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:41 pm Pardons do not need to be written down or made public only when someone is charged with a crime in court will the pardon be proven to the judge. So there is no way to know all who may have pardons.
If a pardon isn't written down, how would President Trump prove that he pardoned a particular defendant while he was in office and didn't make it up after President Biden took over? I really don't see how that can work in real life.

Only the person who receives the pardon, or their attorney, is notified.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

truffledog wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:26 pm what a strange instrument of politics..no person should be above the law.
He’s the president ! He’s the boss ! Man ! Definitely ABOVE THE LAW
ImageImageImage
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic