Renew Cambodia Driving License?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
ssian
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Renew Cambodia driving license

Post by ssian »

I wouldn't pay upfront first to do a prebooking... Down the road they can say have to do another round of physical test since it was months ago result...
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

from FB tonight

New extra location to renew and convert driving licenses.
It also seems that the theory test can be done there as well.
Chip Mong Noro Mall floor 3.
#199 Preah Norodom Blvd (41), Phnom Penh
Google map:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/9srnbtEhBo2ztR1RA
Documents and copy to provide:
Passport, visa and Original driving licence.
You need to pass an eye test, bring 2 photos, and pay 1000r for photocopies (or copy the required documents yourself ahead)
Everything can be paid through ABA and Wing.
For more about the driving license for expats please follow the link below:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Suspended until next year.
You don’t need to bring your driving licence if you’re going for a 10 year. That would be superfluous.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

FYI:
read today on FB someone had a drivers license that was not from same country as his passport.
went to the above location and was able to get a Cambodian DL>
this is great
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
CamboPete
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by CamboPete »

Department of Transport (located here; https://goo.gl/maps/KvAtRcsFQcx) + Learning Materials

Thanks for this overview. Yet, it is a bit outdated already.
Is there a newer version available already?

- As far as I am aware, the one and only test site now is at the "Heavy Truck Training Center". Or is there another one available?
- May I register for the theory test at the "Heavy Truck Training Center" still online via "https://driverlicense.mpwt.gov.kh/login"?
- Are these test questions of the app the exact same questions asked in the test (respectively from mentioned books from driving schools)?
- What was the total cost for motorcycle licence, including rent of moto for the practice test?
- Has anyone done the test there yet and can share experiences?

Thanks!
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Renew Cambodia Driving License?

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I went to renew my yearly driver's licence yesterday at the new location:

Chip Mong Noro Mall floor 3.
#199 Preah Norodom Blvd (41), Phnom Penh
Google map:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/9srnbtEhBo2ztR1RA

It was great. :thumb: Much closer than tripping out to Aeon 2. Not busy (I went at 2pm). Waited 5 min and then served, I was in and out in about 20 mins. Staff very friendly compared to Aeon 2. Now have shiny new plastic card instead of the previous cardboard one.

NB They are closed for lunch 12-1pm. Need passport with visa, current home country licence and existing Canbodia licence (+ photocopies you can do there or bring yourself). Cost is 120k + 10k riel all up paid via ABA. Passport photos no longer required.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

wonder why you need show ur home country license each time?
what happens after 5 years( US license) and you have not been home an ur home country license is expired?
cant get a Cambodian one?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:52 pm wonder why you need show ur home country license each time?
what happens after 5 years( US license) and you have not been home an ur home country license is expired?
cant get a Cambodian one?
If your home country license is (nearly) expired you have to pass the exam to get a Cambodian license, or renew your home country license.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

^ What Kammekor said, no home country license, no deal.

I had this with my British license that had expired; luckily I could renew that online last year, get a relative to send it through via courier & back to business as usual. It is bizarre though that a Cambodian renewal requires the home country license as PR says. Kingdom of I Wonder.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Friend tried to use his Thai licence as his German one had expired. They just laughed and said “you not Thailand!”.

Fail.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic