Contraceptive implant (not the coil)

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Contraceptive implant (not the coil)

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:55 pm
John Bingham wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:21 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:34 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:48 am Morning after pill = prevents pregnancy the ‘morning after.’ Version in Cambodia good for up to 3 days after. US version good for up to 5 days after. If a visit is only 5 days every few months or so, made perfect sense at the time.
Glad to see you finally understand what plan-b/morning after pill is now. I won't dig up the thread :wink:
It's supposed to be for emergencies/ accidents rather than the main method of contraception. It's incredibly selfish for a man to insist on using his partner using it that way. It often has painful/ uncomfortable side effects and messes up a woman's cycle.
Precisely! Guessing you didn't see the thread I'm referring to, where NKOTB believed that Plan-B was an actual contraceptive that is used to prevent pregnancy prior to intercourse.
haha i was tempted to quote the thread in my post earlier but it was 5 years ago now and NKOTB is a much more respected and established poster :thumb:

and yeah the contraceptive pill and the morning after pill are completely different things
as i mentioned in my last post the contraceptive pill is a prescription hormonal pill girls have to take daily, but it effects their mood so most girls end up having the implant (in the uk anyway) also due to this though its probably why unprotected sex and STIs are rife in the UK

the morning after pill is not contraception as many have stated before
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@Jamie_Lambo Was that thread really 5 years ago? I didn't realise it was that long ago.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:32 pm @Jamie_Lambo Was that thread really 5 years ago? I didn't realise it was that long ago.
yes was started Feb 2016 haha shocking right!? :shock:
ive PM'd you the link if you fancy a re-read haha
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic