Whiskey drinkers

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Whiskey drinkers

Post by atst »

karl.timpany wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:37 am I will drink to all us whisky drinkers... CHEERS...
Well here are another couple I tried and liked last week highland park bit nicer with the peaty taste which I'm starting to like both under $40

I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Went to Moas good selection tried a couple around $5-7 a nip not bad , you get water and ice to addto your liking, good service helpful but not pushy, you can buy your favorite bottle to keep behind the bar at 6-7 100% markup , not a great deal imo.
What bar doesn't have a can of coke, and no offers to get one, you can have a sprite if you like only $2:50
The entrance to mao's I don't know looks like some hotel being renovated not invited at all in fact nearly didn't go in , but the iron stairs to the whisky was calling
Decided better buy whisky by the bottle so off to local

Two very nice ones
Then this I've had to buy a bottle of drambuie to make it taste ok
I'm nearly giving up research and going to repeat my yummy one's
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

The super stupor liquor, makes you chat like Hodor

Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Ryan754326 »

Ghostwriter wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:39 am The super stupor liquor, makes you chat like Hodor

Preferred by some of the world’s most frugal whisky connoisseurs, this Cambodian specialty starts off with an eye watering burn, leading to a finish that becomes smoother with each consecutive drink.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Ryan754326 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:17 am Preferred by some of the world’s most frugal whisky connoisseurs, this Cambodian specialty starts off with an eye watering burn, leading to a finish that becomes smoother with each consecutive drink.
You seem to know your thinner-related stuff...
In marketing terms, sometimes the simpler name the better. Probably couldn't a better one after a few shots of this anyway....
Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Ryan754326 »

[/quote]

You seem to know your thinner-related stuff...
In marketing terms, sometimes the simpler name the better. Probably couldn't a better one after a few shots of this anyway....
[/quote]

It’s literally cheaper than mouthwash or gasoline. It should sell itself.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Ryan754326 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:17 am
Ghostwriter wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:39 am The super stupor liquor, makes you chat like Hodor

Preferred by some of the world’s most frugal whisky connoisseurs, this Cambodian specialty starts off with an eye watering burn, leading to a finish that becomes smoother with each consecutive drink.
I see it is near the baby's bottle. Adding a dash helps to get him off to sleep?
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Used to drink it all the time, at $9 a case of 12, it's good drinking with plenty of coke at only 20% in this heat, but last few months have gone a bit upmarket in my whisky prices and would never go back to it.
There's another one with ginsing in it , after half bottle it keeps you up if you know what I mean.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

armchairlawyer wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:41 am I see it is near the baby's bottle. Adding a dash helps to get him off to sleep?
Cognac only, no cheap stuff. I don't really believe in whisky or those other barbaric throat-burning solvents.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic