Mu Sochua banned from flight

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
emm
Expatriate
Austria

Mu Sochua banned from flight

Post by emm »

This really makes me laugh ! Mu Sochua knew it all along that no airline would carry her to Cambodia or ASEAN countries would let her transit/stay. The want-to-be Icon of Democracy and Freedom failed her people several times over. She ran away with her US Passport when Sokha got arrested and jailed and later under House arrest. Now she can stay in the Country she has chosen (she has an american passport, too) and face the music of a Democracy that doesn't work. She is not the Martyr she claims to be.
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/as ... t-13980000
emm
Expatriate
Austria

Re: Mu Sochua banned from flight

Post by emm »

The Khmertimes analysis from Dec.7.2020 was SPOT ON ! I should have taken a BET on it !
December 7, 2020
The return of Mu Sochua, the jaded horse, to believe or not
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50790090/t ... ve-or-not/
VascoDeGrandma
Tourist
Portugal

Post by VascoDeGrandma »

She says she applied for a visa and it wasn't granted.
emm
Expatriate
Austria

Post by emm »

Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

I see no reason to a) cancel her passport as she remains a Cambodian Citizen without it. b) after cancelling the Khmer passport she was refused a visa in a second passport.

Logic says if you charge someone and are going to have a trial then you would want that person to attend.

The argument about former opposition persons should not have foreign passports don't use the same argument for all the government and CPP persons that hold foreign passports as well.

If you want to show the world that you are above board and open and transparent in the judicial process then let them all attend to answer the charges.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Yeah, as much as I don't like the CNRP much (just as I'm no big fan of the CPP), it's a bit laughable to charge people with a crime and then prevent them from attending their own trial. Doesn't exactly make the ruling party look good on the international stage, and mostly reinforces any belief that foreign governments might have had about the charges being "trumped up/politically motivated" and the whole thing being a farcical kangaroo trial.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Luckily in the west we have democracy and freedom of press and we treat people like Assange fair...
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:41 pm Yeah, as much as I don't like the CNRP much (just as I'm no big fan of the CPP), it's a bit laughable to charge people with a crime and then prevent them from attending their own trial.
That's pretty much what I was talking about to a journalist friend a few days ago. I don't care for the CNRP either, but surely it's against international law to refuse entry to a citizen? I believe she doesn't have a Cambodian passport anymore as the authorities won't give her one so she has to travel on her foreign one.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic