Nepali climbers make history with winter summit of K2 mountain

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Nepali climbers make history with winter summit of K2 mountain

Post by phuketrichard »

Historic day for the Nepalese.
A team of 10 Nepali climbers has set a new world record by becoming the first to reach the summit of K2, the world's second highest mountain, in winter.

Mountaineer Nimsdai Purja, a member of the group, said they reached the peak at 17:00 local time (12:00 GMT).

Dozens of climbers have been on the 8,611m (28,251ft) mountain this winter hoping to achieve the same feat.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-55684149
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Nepali climbers make history with winter summit of K2 mountain

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Proof of climate change :stir:
emm
Expatriate
Austria

Post by emm »

Suicidal Tourism at best. OK, they are Nepalese so i exclude them from the rest of the crowd attacking the summit all the time. I have no sympathy for these climbers (again these nepalese excluded, it's their turf after all). They leave heaps of trash and often enough dead body's behind them. Humanity has no respect for Nature, none at all.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

emm wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:29 pm Suicidal Tourism at best. OK, they are Nepalese so i exclude them from the rest of the crowd attacking the summit all the time. I have no sympathy for these climbers (again these nepalese excluded, it's their turf after all). They leave heaps of trash and often enough dead body's behind them. Humanity has no respect for Nature, none at all.
i dont recall any climber ever anywhere asking for anybodies sympathy>> :beer3:
Climbing is a part of communing with the gods... WE did a mt Everest bc cleanup in 87, took tons of trash out.

The problem on slopes at high attitude, it's to dam hard to carry stuff out (dead bodies included).
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic