FPCS and visa renewal

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: FPCS and visa renewal

Post by Freightdog »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:33 pm
Freightdog wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:14 pm I’ve just registered on FPCS. I’ve done it myself, as the landlady had no clue, and couldn’t be told. Is there any fallout as a result? I’m now registered, but she obviously didn’t do it.
Technically it is the responsibilty of the landlord, but there will be no fallout as a result of registering yourself. Remember it is still a fairly new system and will take years, if ever, for it to be correctly implemented, not to mention fix all the bugs in the app.
That’s what I expected. The landlady went to the Sangkat, who started demanding all sorts of paperwork of me- which hotel did I stay at, signed stamped certificate of stay at the hotel, stamped certificate of quarantine, of blah blah blah. If in doubt, bluster. This crap was relayed to me by the other half. So I registered myself while the phone conversation went on. Fairly painless, 5 minutes.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:31 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:33 pm
Freightdog wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:14 pm I’ve just registered on FPCS. I’ve done it myself, as the landlady had no clue, and couldn’t be told. Is there any fallout as a result? I’m now registered, but she obviously didn’t do it.
Technically it is the responsibilty of the landlord, but there will be no fallout as a result of registering yourself. Remember it is still a fairly new system and will take years, if ever, for it to be correctly implemented, not to mention fix all the bugs in the app.
And if you have no landlord?
when i am able to move to Kep, I will register myself as its my house I will reside in.
I take it that is OK?
Just register an account under your wifes name, as she is technically the property owner, and then check yourself in as a tenant. Simple
DLsea
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by DLsea »

Just an update: -

I need to renew my ER visa in February and got all stressed out when I discovered that my landlord had not registered me. Thanks to all the folk who gave me some advice.

I discussed the matter with my landlord who in turn discussed it with a travel agency who provide a visa renewal service, and then with a guesthouse owner. She downloaded the app and did the whole registration. Went through without a hitch. Got a photo of her screen shot with my info (passport number, visa number and dates, check-in and check-out dates). Showed it to the folk at the travel agency who provide a visa renewal service and they confirmed. Such a screen shot is what they need when you apply for your visa extension.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I still say it's a very unfair system, I could understand if you was called to the immigration office to register, or something on those lines.
But to put a landlord in most expats case, who basically is in charge of if you are going to be eligible for your next upcoming EOS.
The landlord in most cases is that of a normal person who is just renting accommodation too you has an interest to themselves as a business transaction, nothing more.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
emm
Expatriate
Austria

Post by emm »

If you live in your own House.
I got the local Immigration Police come out with a female colleague and they did it for a number of Houseowners here. There was nothing mentioned on the APP that said "LIVING IN MY OWN HOUSE" but the Immigration guy entered it anyhow.
The whole thing had it's hurdles because the scanning of the passport with the camera of my smart phone produced a garbled name. If you try to correct this on your own, good luck....., some other expat here tried that and did not succeed. Anyway the original app prior to june last year did not include GPS Tracking and was fixed in several ways so this will continue to be improved and part of the process to get your Visa renewed. Lucky Lucky, the Agent i use in Phnom Penh looked my up on their own smart phone which seemed to have a different App and gave me green light for the new visa. Not registered, no Visa she said.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Hi all. I have repeatedly tried to open my FPCS app (yes uninstalled and re installed) but every time it tells me that Access Denied. Sorry your phone number or password was incorrect. Please try again.

It is my number and it is my password..

Anyone else having problems.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

Arget wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:31 pm Hi all. I have repeatedly tried to open my FPCS app (yes uninstalled and re installed) but every time it tells me that Access Denied. Sorry your phone number or password was incorrect. Please try again.

It is my number and it is my password..

Anyone else having problems.
Same problem.
up to you...
Dunderhead
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Dunderhead »

I have had the same problem, I think it means that their system is temporarily down, but in typical fashion they will not state that and so they say it is you that have screwed up, but it is them.
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

Tried on the website. No problem.
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Patcan »

Go through the Forgot passport procedure