Man Shoots Medical Student Girlfriend to Death in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Re: Man Shoots Medical Student Girlfriend to Death in Phnom Penh

Post by King Keil »

Captain Bonez wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:36 pm
King Keil wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:04 pm
If that is the case I remember it was monivong at night
Ah yeah, I had this guy with the bicycle in mind that was crossing monivong. That stupid girl never went to court if I remember it correctly.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Mishmash wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:00 pm
Kahuna wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:47 pm I have not been in the KOW for that long (probably a bit more then 3 years) but from what I have read previously in CEO then there is every possibility that this scum could get his family to pay "compensation" and at the very least get a reduced sentence if any? Possibly buy the best available legal team and get out of it?
Stern Mish and some of the other lobger term expats might be able to answer that.
This girl had a life ahead of her. This girls had hopes. She had dreams for her future. Now her family has lost a daughter. I personally hopes that he doesn't off himself but gets to spend his life without parole in prison.
This guy is currently the number one hated person in Cambodia.

As previous posters and his facebook replies to his last drivelling post have said he may do the right thing and top himself.

No amount of cash can buy your way out of murder.

Tong Sarath is a testament to that.

The most hated person in Cambodia appears to still have someone that loves him and is willing to protect him. Should we change that ''' person '' to ''' persons ''.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Duncan wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:38 pm
Kahuna wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:47 pm I have not been in the KOW for that long (probably a bit more then 3 years) but from what I have read previously in CEO then there is every possibility that this scum could get his family to pay "compensation" and at the very least get a reduced sentence if any? Possibly buy the best available legal team and get out of it?
Stern Mish and some of the other lobger term expats might be able to answer that.
This girl had a life ahead of her. This girls had hopes. She had dreams for her future. Now her family has lost a daughter. I personally hopes that he doesn't off himself but gets to spend his life without parole in prison.

As previous posters and his facebook replies to his last drivelling post have said he may do the right thing and top himself.

The most hated person in Cambodia appears to still have someone that loves him and is willing to protect him. Should we change that ''' person '' to ''' persons ''.
That, or he took a remorseful stroll into the jungle, took his own life and his body hasn't been found yet.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

clutchcargo wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:53 pm
Duncan wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:38 pm

That, or he took a remorseful stroll into the jungle, took his own life and his body hasn't been found yet.
Maybe someone else took him for a stroll into the bush.............Mish anything you can share?
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

Strange all these brigades and that tong sarath guy are looking for him and he is still not been found. I mean it's a small country.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

King Keil wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:16 am Strange all these brigades and that tong sarath guy are looking for him and he is still not been found. I mean it's a small country.
And, one year after the murder, and they are still looking for the perp, named as Yeun Vandet.

From Khmer news today, 16 January 2021:
Today marks the one-year anniversary of the shooting to death of a medical student by her fiancé, a military officer, and the perpetrator has not yet been arrested!
Phnom Penh: You must know about the horrific murder case caused by a young man who was a military officer who shot and killed his fiancé, who died while being taken to the hospital on the night of the 16th January 2020, from a location at Borey Romchek Odim along BT Road, Sangkat Kantouk, Khan Kampol, Phnom Penh.
The suspected killer is Yeun Vandeth, about 30 years old, an officer of the 70th Brigade with the rank of Brigadier General, still living outside the law, as the authorities have not yet arrested him.
The victim, Chun Dina, was a 26-year-old female medical student with a bachelor's degree in laboratories who was also selling cosmetics online at home. She was killed with a gunshot wound to the neck. The two were engaged to be married.
So far, one year after the murder of the young woman, the authorities have not arrested the suspect yet. However, the family of the victim, Chun Dina, beg the authorities to arrest the suspect and punish him legally to find justice for the victim.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Wow , seems like he literally “got away with murder “
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

His picture should be posted on every door on every shop/bar and restaurants nationwide. Get the boys in brown to go round with wanted posters.

After one year he must of let his guard down. He could be living next door to you. Or maybe he's decomposing in a forest somewhere.
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Stiliko »

You’re kidding, right? This asshole is one of the untouchables. I’m sure there are lots of people who know exactly where he is, going about his life as if nothing happened. Sadly the best the bereaved family can hope for is that he pays his karmic debt in spades in the next lifetime.
she was quite pretty and looked older
she knew only what had been told her
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

wonder who this kids dad is...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic