Foreigners defy authorities in Bali, refuse to leave restaurant despite curfew (Video)

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Foreigners defy authorities in Bali, refuse to leave restaurant despite curfew (Video)

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

[media]

Coconuts Bali
Jan 12

Local authorities and a number of foreigners got into an argument last night as the latter group allegedly refused to leave a restaurant in the Petitenget area after closing time, amid ongoing restrictions to curb coronavirus transmissions on the island.

I Gusti Agung Ketut Suryanegara, who heads the Public Order Agency (Satpol PP) in Badung regency, said the foreigners insisted that they were not done with their meals.

“There were foreign tourists who insisted that they were still [dining]. We said it was 9pm and [restaurant] operations must be closed. There’s no way around it, if they want to continue to eat they have to wrap it up and take it away,” Suryanegara said, adding that the argument lasted for about half an hour.

https://coconuts.co/bali/news/foreigner ... te-curfew/
SaulGlo
Tourist

Re: Foreigners defy authorities in Bali, refuse to leave restaurant despite curfew (Video)

Post by SaulGlo »

This behavior gives all foreigners a bad name and causes more lockdowns. Shame on them
emm
Expatriate
Austria

Re: Foreigners defy authorities in Bali, refuse to leave restaurant despite curfew (Video)

Post by emm »

Any Aussie's present ?
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

The UK has Spain, The USA has Mexico, and if you want to see us Australians at our worst, we have Bali. I remember walking past a family of Australians looking at liquor shop window in Kuta hearing the ten year-old say to his dad "Bullshit!! Fifty bucks for a bottle of JD.?"
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

When I visited Brisbane, Bundaberg was almost 50 a bottle. Thought it was bullshit, bought it anyway.
emm
Expatriate
Austria

Post by emm »

Bundaberg ? I understand it's the only remedy against Corona 19.
The unfortunate fact is that unless they feed it to you when you are an infant you will vomit to death drinking it.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

I don't mind the occasional rum. Sang Som is OK to me.
Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Ryan754326 »

emm wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:32 pm Bundaberg ? I understand it's the only remedy against Corona 19.
The unfortunate fact is that unless they feed it to you when you are an infant you will vomit to death drinking it.
Really? I met an Aussie in a bar a few years ago who offered to buy me a drink of Bundaberg, to “see if I could handle it”. I thought it was pretty good, and still order it occasionally when I feel like having something different.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

How to endear yourself to your host country in times of a pandemic.
zmth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by zmth »

anyone know if the average foreigner can enter Bali no restrictions Now.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic