Style queens of 1960s Saigon (many pics)

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Country
Tourist
Philippines

Re: Style queens of 1960s Saigon (many pics)

Post by Country »

Brody wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:53 am Image
You have to wonder what happen to the girls know
DavidK99
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by DavidK99 »

Man, what a fantastic collection of photos. Gotta love all those beautiful women and the different vintage clothing styles (and hairdos!) but there's a real element of sadness too, because one can't help but wonder what became of these ladies, and the GI's who were dazzled by them. For the average soldier, those must have been rare great moments, bookended by much longer periods of horror and sadness. Well at least some of them got a little break here and there with some fun and female companionship.

My ex was a Thai movie actress in the 60's and 70's. She had great old photo albums full of pics of herself and the other actresses she hung out with back then. The styles were quite similar to previous posts and I always loved looking at those old photos. The old Thai movie posters are fun too. I've seen collections of them exhibited in BKK and there's a book called A Century Of Thai Cinema that's full of great campy images.

I wonder what the story was here. Thai paramilitary babes in hot pants and boots parachute in to save Bangkok from biker gangs? Maybe it's on Youtube. I like the gal in red.

Last edited by DavidK99 on Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

^^
Thanks. Here's a link to the other related topic: post387508.html#p387508
DavidK99
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by DavidK99 »

While visiting a couple of exhibits in BKK today I took these photos, which begged to be included in this thread. The first 4 were off record albums.

ImageImageImageImageImage
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Can anyone read Thai? It looks like some kind of play on words like this:

Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic