PM's Assistant Gets his Car Vandalised

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

PM's Assistant Gets his Car Vandalised

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): On January 15, 2021, Mr. Duong Dara, Secretary of State of the Office of the Council of Ministers and Assistant to Samdech Techo HE, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Cambodia, posted a message on his official Facebook page about a criminal who broke the windows of his car and stole the wing mirrors.
Mr. Duong Dara confirmed that this is the second time that a thief has come to his house. He says " I checked the security camera and I saw that last night at 1:30 am, a masked thief broke my car windows on both sides and smashed the right side of the car parked in front of the house where I live today. "
Police are hunting for the perpetrator.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: PM's Assistant Gets his Car Vandalised

Post by Spigzy »

She'll be back!
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE
According to a source from one of Duong Dara's bodyguards, at about 3 o'clock in the morning on January 15, he woke up and heard the sound of the breaking car windshield, and opened the door to see a suspect escaping.

According to the same source, two suspects on a motorcycle stopped nearby and stole the mirrors on both sides of the car before disappearing. Later, the thieves returned and hit the right-hand window with some rocks in order to open the door to steal things in the car, but they did not succeed in the robbery and all of them escaped.
It should be noted that the car was parked in front of the house near the sidewalk, without a fence or any other protection except for the security guard. Image
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

without a fence or any other protection except for the security guard.

He's getting fired...
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

I'm just shocked that the assistant to the Prime Minister of Cambodia drives an old Lexus and lives in a dumpy shophouse.

I'd figure he'd be in a purple Lamborghini or something.

And according to the article Duong has more than one body guard. But only one noticed something?

They let the thieves make a getaway, not once, but twice? This sounds fishy.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Not that old. Maybe 2016?
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Brody wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:00 am I'm just shocked that the assistant to the Prime Minister of Cambodia drives an old Lexus and lives in a dumpy shophouse.

I'd figure he'd be in a purple Lamborghini or something.

And according to the article Duong has more than one body guard. But only one noticed something?

They let the thieves make a getaway, not once, but twice? This sounds fishy.
Good point.

Secretary of State of the Office of the Council of Ministers

You would of thought that comes with at least a grace and favour government villa on one of the boreys.
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

Brody wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:00 am I'm just shocked that the assistant to the Prime Minister of Cambodia drives an old Lexus and lives in a dumpy shophouse.

I'd figure he'd be in a purple Lamborghini or something....
nah, its always Lexus
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Right, I thought I'd seen him before, (he has an excellent set of teeth). He's the guy who rescued poor old Tom in Kampot on the behalf of HE.
post416896.html#p416896
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic