trump has finally lost it with his latest phone call

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: trump has finally lost it with his latest phone call

Post by John Bingham »

The silence from the former Trump supporters on here is deafening!
Silence, exile, and cunning.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:02 am The silence from the former Trump supporters on here is deafening!
Uh. You could blame moderator review for my silence , .....
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:02 am The silence from the former Trump supporters on here is deafening!
I think there's less and less to say about it. I mean, if someone is totally cool with BLM burning down half the cities across the US, looting businesses, etc, and say those are mostly peaceful protests, but then are just outraged by a few nutters who stormed the capital, then there's not much to really get in to.

I think most people on the right condemn the BLM riots and also the Capital riot. However, most on the left seem to be perfectly fine with the destruction of BLM but are horrified by the recent DC incident.

Think about it. It's not just Americans that value free speech, but many countries, and it truly shocks me that so many people are glad to see someone deplatformed/canceled as long as it's someone they disagree with. Is there anyone who can really say that Twitter wasn't just banning Trump for political reasons? Look at these 2 tweets that he got banned permanently for:

"The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!"

“To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.”

And Twitter's response: https://blog.twitter.com/en_us/topics/c ... nsion.html

I am no fan of the new elected president, but I'd be pretty pissed off if Twitter just banned him over some political BS.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

General Mackevili wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:17 am
I think there's less and less to say about it. I mean, if someone is totally cool with BLM burning down half the cities across the US, looting businesses, etc, and say those are mostly peaceful protests, but then are just outraged by a few nutters who stormed the capital, then there's not much to really get in to.

I think most people on the right condemn the BLM riots and also the Capital riot. However, most on the left seem to be perfectly fine with the destruction of BLM but are horrified by the recent DC incident.

Think about it. It's not just Americans that value free speech, but many countries, and it truly shocks me that so many people are glad to see someone deplatformed/canceled as long as it's someone they disagree with. Is there anyone who can really say that Twitter wasn't just banning Trump for political reasons? Look at these 2 tweets that he got banned permanently for:

"The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!"

“To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.”

And Twitter's response: https://blog.twitter.com/en_us/topics/c ... nsion.html

I am no fan of the new elected president, but I'd be pretty pissed off if Twitter just banned him over some political BS.
The 1st Amendment is specific to actions by the goverment, not private companies (1st Amendment to the US Constitution). Private companies, including social media sites, can set their own rules of use and make decisions on whom has broken those rules. Come to think of it, reminds me of a certian social media site, let me think, yes, it is called CEO.

I do hope CEO posters will not be banned over some BS.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

General Mackevili wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:17 am
That's a completely false equivalency. For starters, I don't remember anyone on whatever side of the political spectrum being "cool" with any wanton vandalism or destruction. The BLM and MAGA riots are just different sides of the same coin, the big difference being that the incumbent president has actively encouraged an escalation in extremist behavior. I don't see how this is in anyone's interest, sowing division and dissent.

Silence, exile, and cunning.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:52 am For starters, I don't remember anyone on whatever side of the political spectrum being "cool" with any wanton vandalism or destruction.
I remember several Democrats supporting the "protests" (which included looting, arson and murder):

I also remember national media talking about "mostly peaceful protests" in the Summer of Floyd then referring to the DC incident as a riot. The pearl-clutching outrage from Liberals was amusing as well. "Our sacred democracy", etc. Pfft.
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

Big Daikon wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:10 am
John Bingham wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:52 am For starters, I don't remember anyone on whatever side of the political spectrum being "cool" with any wanton vandalism or destruction.
I remember several Democrats supporting the "protests" (which included looting, arson and murder):

I also remember national media talking about "mostly peaceful protests" in the Summer of Floyd then referring to the DC incident as a riot. The pearl-clutching outrage from Liberals was amusing as well. "Our sacred democracy", etc. Pfft.
Hey Big D, I have a suggestion on how these protests can be stopped. Stop killing unarmed black people.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

cambo swa wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:11 am Hey Big D, I have a suggestion on how these protests can be stopped. Stop killing unarmed black people.
This argument is counterfactual.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Hey Gen, it does not matter to me if BLM is false equivalence (JB's point), or of equal equivalence.
It is still blame shifting.
"Look over there - not here!" "Let's change the subject."
"Why are you hassling me for robbing a bank - that guy over there steals credit cards"

What someone else does elsewhere, in no way relates to what are the responsibilities here.
If BLM riots is the primary defence - you have no case.

Besides, that argument ignores the extra weight, responsibilities and consequences when it is the President that goes the full Geronimo.
Donald j Trump is trying to overthrow your democracy in case you hadn't noticed.

But i do share your concerns about the media bans. Really serious concerns.
Dangerous precedent. Dangerous territory.
But please - don't play the victim card.
Of course the fucker bought it down on his own, and the whole county's head - appropriate or not.
He wanted to usurp your democracy. He called it a lie. He refused to accept the will of the people.

-so something effective HAD to be done to stop that one in it's tracks.
Ffs, Even his formally staunchest supporters Mitch Mc Donald Duck and Tom Cruz agree with that.
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

The whole situation could not have worked better if it had been planned. Donald Trump, seemingly despised and hated worldwide and by over 50% of his own people, brought down and totally discredited in his final days. His brand is toxic, banks are closing his accounts, corporations are refusing to deal with him and terminating his companys contracts, previous supporters are jumping ship, the Democrats are forcing a trial which may see him banned from holding office in the future - America and the world are united in one great big case of schadenfreude. I almost feel sorry for the poor bloke. Almost but not quite. He can still sit in the corner and wipe his tears with his remaining billions of dollars.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic