Mandatory quarantine for14days

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
rgvdmtr
Tourist
Russia

Re: Mandatory quarantien for14days

Post by rgvdmtr »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:33 am
phuketrichard wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:00 am ahh ok, so you did not need give them any reason>???

Great, i thought you had to
if you can acquire a letter of invitation, that is all you need,
if you are coming as a sponsored person, that requires more documentation, including wage plans, work routine times etc etc and a certificate from a government website saying its all been cleared
if you are coming as a general traveller, that just requires a letter of invitation from a registered company saying that they are offering you a job, i have seen numerous reports of invitations to study being accepted as well
Hello Jamie_Lambo!

Can you please share some information on what type of document did you have? And what type of visa did you apply for?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Mandatory quarantien for14days

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

rgvdmtr wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:59 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:33 am
phuketrichard wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:00 am ahh ok, so you did not need give them any reason>???

Great, i thought you had to
if you can acquire a letter of invitation, that is all you need,
if you are coming as a sponsored person, that requires more documentation, including wage plans, work routine times etc etc and a certificate from a government website saying its all been cleared
if you are coming as a general traveller, that just requires a letter of invitation from a registered company saying that they are offering you a job, i have seen numerous reports of invitations to study being accepted as well
Hello Jamie_Lambo!

Can you please share some information on what type of document did you have? And what type of visa did you apply for?
Be aware that the new Consular Officer at the Embassy in London is being very strict on the supporting documentation criteria, letter of invitation/offer of employment, company tax Patent and company business license are required. Can also apply if enrolled in a Cambodian registered educational institution, which also.requires extensive supporting documentation.

The VAPG (sponsorship) scheme was suspended about 2 months ago, so no longer applies.

The only Visa available to general travellers, with justification and supporting documentation, is the E-type (Ordinary) Visa, which Embassies continue to incorrectly refer to as the "Business" Visa.
MartyConeyBarrett
Tourist
Thailand

Re: Mandatory quarantine for14days

Post by MartyConeyBarrett »

It really depends on the Cambodian embassy you apply at. Some are easier than others.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

MartyConeyBarrett wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:05 am It really depends on the Cambodian embassy you apply at. Some are easier than others.
That is true, the criteria differs significantly between some of the Embassies/Consulates, some are much more relaxed/lenient, however many have implemented even stricter criteria in the past few months.

As I have advised numerous times, anyone wishing to apply for a Visa needs to contact the relevant Embassy/Consulate to confirm exactly what their criteria is.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Requirements in Bangkok are stiff although gav got one being married;

not sure i can get all they desire and i told the wife she needs stay 15 days in a prison cell with someone she doesn't know
she did NOT take that well.

Plus reading what farangs experience as far as room /food go, cant image the new 500 room prison will be anything to write home about
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:05 pm cant image the new 500 room prison will be anything to write home about
Only for Cambodians, not foreigners.

Are you not married? You could try and do a GavinMac and plead with the Embassy like he did.
NiceGuyLou
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by NiceGuyLou »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:05 pm
not sure i can get all they desire and i told the wife she needs stay 15 days in a prison cell with someone she doesn't know
she did NOT take that well.

she can stay in a hotel room by herself too many Khmers do but they have to pay for it like $70 - $90 a day I think I read
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Yes, Cambodians have the option to choose either Govt Quarantine facility (free), or hotel quarantine (at their own expense, paid directly to hotel). All they need to do is inform MoH officials on arrival which option they prefer.
sousadeyy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by sousadeyy »

God the food is so bad (self professed diva). I've been unable to eat 75% of the stuff they give you. It's truly rancid. Time to grease some palms.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

sousadeyy wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:42 pm God the food is so bad (self professed diva). I've been unable to eat 75% of the stuff they give you. It's truly rancid. Time to grease some palms.
i dont think how prepared you think you are, you arent, im sure i lost about a stone in there
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic