Moving back to Phnom Penh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Re: Moving back to Phnom Penh

Post by whatwat »

Ok got it. No bad words about PP but Kampot and Sihanoukville is fair game.

Chill it was just a personal observation.

Wow.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Compared to SR, absolutely nothing has changed in PP.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

rozzieoz wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:13 am Compared to SR, absolutely nothing has changed in PP.
That’s one place I’ve never planned on living in. Too hot no sea.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

timmydownawell wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:26 pm
whatwat wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:15 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:28 am
whatwat wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:30 am Holy crap. In PP on Riverside now. Totally dead. Shops shut, no tourists, dejection everywhere. Wow.
what shops are shut? theres no tourists but its not dead
Burger King and all the shops that have the shutters down that were open when I was last there. Oskas is shut plus many other places.
Burger King shut down, but I don't think they were ever very busy. KFC along the road also long gone.

Some places are closed but will reopen. I spoke to the guy from Chiang Mai restaurant and he said they'll open again once tourists return. So, maybe some others as well.
What about mikes burger 🍔 house ?
Do you know ?
I axed him on messenger but dint get a reply ( he’s a busy mofo and didn’t see the message)
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

lagrange wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:34 pm
John Bingham wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:57 am
lagrange wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:50 am On arrival there is a one month quarantine period at a government designated hotel which sets you back around $1600...
I thought it was two weeks?
Possibly you are correct, I have been wrong before (in July 1989 as I recall). But it still costs $1600+ before you get into the community.
Not possibly...he IS correct. It is only 14 days mandatory monitored quarantine, and the cost will vary depending on which hotel you are allocated to, for example I received a $914 refund from my most recent quarantine (but this all discussed in the relevant thread).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic