A 12yr old Honda click bound to break??

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
HappyChappy
Expatriate
Great Britain

A 12yr old Honda click bound to break??

Post by HappyChappy »

Guys I've started a new thread because I'm now at the important stage of buying a bike. I want a 110cc but 400 is my MAX and theyre all 2008 or 2010 models.

Is a Honda click 10 plus years old just going to fall apart after a month???
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: A 12yr old Honda click bound to break??

Post by atst »

What's your budget then you'll get lots of suggestions
Sorry just re read your post so $400
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
HappyChappy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by HappyChappy »

I just don't know shit about bikes. Is a 10yr old model still gonna run okay?? I heard they're falling apart at that age, tbf if it lasts 6 months without trouble I'll be happy.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

HappyChappy wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:51 am Guys I've started a new thread because I'm now at the important stage of buying a bike. I want a 110cc but 400 is my MAX and theyre all 2008 or 2010 models.

Is a Honda click 10 plus years old just going to fall apart after a month???
Honda’s generally last forever , avoid the click and get a dream
Have it checked by a mechanic first for any problems you can’t decipher by sight
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

As long as it has a new drive belt, brakes and doesn't smoke or rattle from the motor it should be fine.

Maybe try and knock it down to $350
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

A Click for that sort of money is likely to have had a lot of use so the trick will be to find one that has been reasonably well maintained. Forget the odometer reading as once the speedo cable goes, they are often not replaced. The outward appearance is an indicator of condition but take it for a good test drive to see if everything feels and sounds OK. Check all the lights, electrics work OK. Good luck.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Get a Click or Dream at least 12 years old. They never break no matter the abuse or lack of maintenance. I like to verbally abuse mine.
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

When I first got here i bought a 2010 Honda Click for $300. Paid $5 for an oil change, $10 for a new battery, $15 for new indicator light bulbs, brake cables and a few other bits and pieces. Great moto, good acceleration, had no problem with it. Given the state of the roads (back streets of Siem Reap are like off-road adventures) and the fact that I treat bikes like shit I would always opt for an old one rather than a new one.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic