esim smart watches - which carrier?

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
camboguy6
Expatriate

esim smart watches - which carrier?

Post by camboguy6 »

Hi, I am looking to get a smartwatch, the esim (non psychical sim) version. Has anyone connected a smartwatch with esim? I want the watch to have the same phone number as my phone.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: esim smart watches - which carrier?

Post by atst »

camboguy6 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:49 pm Hi, I am looking to get a smartwatch, the esim (non psychical sim) version. Has anyone connected a smartwatch with esim? I want the watch to have the same phone number as my phone.
What! Haven't you got a shoe phone?
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

2 cell phones cannot have the same phone number. I doubt a cell phone and a eSIM smart watch can have the same number.

However, smart watches can answer and make phone calls when connected to a smart phone. I do it with my Apple Watch. Works through work gloves great when I can’t physically pick up my iPhone.

That being said, the Apple Watch does offer a version with an eSIM. Latest version also monitors for atrial fibrillation and oxygen saturation.

Good luck!
camboguy6
Expatriate

Post by camboguy6 »

In my home country it's possible to have an esim and phone with the same number, but from your experience it doesn't seem possible here.

Thanks
newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:34 am 2 cell phones cannot have the same phone number. I doubt a cell phone and a eSIM smart watch can have the same number.

However, smart watches can answer and make phone calls when connected to a smart phone. I do it with my Apple Watch. Works through work gloves great when I can’t physically pick up my iPhone.

That being said, the Apple Watch does offer a version with an eSIM. Latest version also monitors for atrial fibrillation and oxygen saturation.

Good luck!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic