Chroy Changvar

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Chroy Changvar

Post by frank lee bent »

I am hoping to find something around teh $400 mark.

Perhaps Mezmo refers to the area called Prekpoh road along the riverfront near chhbar ampouv.
Last edited by frank lee bent on Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

frank lee bent wrote:I am hoping to find something around teh $400 mark.

Perhaps Mezmo refers to the area called Prekpoh road along the riverfront near takkmau
The cheapest apartment at Mekong Gardens WAS $431 and I think those were about 50sq m. But they're fully equipped and serviced. There is also the pool, gym and sauna. Personally I think the best value in PP vis a vis amenities. Riverside is very expensive in what you actually get for your money. When I lived on Riverside my apartment was about $900 and while very nice, not a patch on Mekong View Towers or Mekong Gardens in what you get for your money. Plus its extremely quiet over at Chroy Changvar with the feel of being in the country and only 15 minutes from the town. Having two bridges helps re traffic congestion and the first time you hit any problems is the Monivong roundabout at certain times.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

I will give it a bit more thorough investigation along with Prekpoh rd, that I now recalled I have visited.
I am hoping I might get a Khmer style villa with a bit of land within 30 minutes of Riverside.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

i used to live over there ( 2008-09) and lived at the apt building next t the wat ( across from street 136) but back than they had a daily ferry 4 am-10 pm so it was great, best 500 riel deal in town

I paid $400 for HUGE studio apt with kitchen . air con, parking, wifi, 3x/week maid
and balcony overlooking the river

Loved it
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

just checking out this Prekpo road on google streetview. semi rural- lots of ok khmer houses old and new- some right on the river.
looks fairly clean and middle class!
i bet it will be cheap there.

correction : chhbar ampouv, not takhmau
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic