Moving back to Phnom Penh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Re: Moving back to Phnom Penh

Post by willyhilly »

Good thread this. I flew into SR in 2004 I think and fell in love with Cambodia. Pub St was fun but it turned to shit years ago. I really liked the tall trees and the river. I think I would like to live there again rather than Kampot or Snooky. Hotels are cheap to buy but I would like a little bar where I could drink myself to death.
I am 70 this year so another stint in Cambodia would be the last lap.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

pissontheroof wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:48 am
Marty wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:27 am
angsta wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:43 am
Marty wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:10 pm
pissontheroof wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:53 am

I know Dave well and he don’t do drugs even when I offer him a toke of good stuff , he’ll have a few beers ( he likes that angor shit ) I buy him a couple craft beers then after oiled up a little I switch to my cambodia cans - some day I hope to win a moto I think i deserve by now becuz I drink about a case a day

I just don’t understand why I get kicked out of just about every place I go - looking forward I might move back to shitsville
Never Pp , that place is way too ugly - pure garbage city yuck good riddance to aaron and any rebels still around
Thanks, that's good info. Dave is just naturally a goofball then? And how about offering me a toke of the good stuff? Or even of the schwag stuff? But ya gotta admit, Aaron and Dave make a very cute couple and should never be separated.
The only 2 things they have in common is their passports and e-begging. Oh and the joint reluctance to ever get a job.
I also think their sex preferences are the same. Fruitcakes. Yes that's why left Trumpville, too many jobs. Now that the new prez is in, no need for a job.
Above I said I know Dave , he lives with a very nice girl and they really do DO good things with limited funds
i Vouch for dave
Thank you. You have contributed to my change of attitude about Dave of Dave Does Cambodia fame. The other thing was there aren't many criminal records on him, at least in Michigan. Now Aaron, of Aaron in Cambodia fame, is an altogether different story.....
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Khmu Nation wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:59 am Come to Laos! The Chinese invasion hasn't happened (yet).
I'd love to. What about visa policy though? Can I stay more than a year? Thanks.
simon43
Expatriate
Laos

Post by simon43 »

Marty wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:46 pm
Khmu Nation wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:59 am Come to Laos! The Chinese invasion hasn't happened (yet).
I'd love to. What about visa policy though? Can I stay more than a year? Thanks.

I moved back to Laos almost 2 years ago. I never have to meet an immigration officer or any other government official. Just collect my one-year business visa, work permit and ID card from the visa agent....
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

simon43 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:49 pm
Marty wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:46 pm

I moved back to Laos almost 2 years ago. I never have to meet an immigration officer or any other government official. Just collect my one-year business visa, work permit and ID card from the visa agent....
Oh that's fantastic. Thanks. I see your Myanmar flag, also a righteous place!
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Holy crap. In PP on Riverside now. Totally dead. Shops shut, no tourists, dejection everywhere. Wow.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

whatwat wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:30 am Holy crap. In PP on Riverside now. Totally dead. Shops shut, no tourists, dejection everywhere. Wow.
what shops are shut? theres no tourists but its not dead
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:28 am
whatwat wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:30 am Holy crap. In PP on Riverside now. Totally dead. Shops shut, no tourists, dejection everywhere. Wow.
Burger King and all the shops that have the shutters down that were open when I was last there. Oskas is shut plus many other places.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

Check the time stamp on the post - 4.30pm. Everyone asleep, getting ready for the night!
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

lagrange wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:01 pm
Check the time stamp on the post - 4.30pm. Everyone asleep, getting ready for the night!
The timestamp says 10:30 AM. Sounds like you need to go into your User Control Panel and change what time you're on.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic