Can you use Wing - Deemoney to send money from here to TH & into a Bangkok Bank acct.?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Josh_76
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Can you use Wing - Deemoney to send money from here to TH & into a Bangkok Bank acct.?

Post by Josh_76 »

On the app you choose Wing To World and you can select Deemoney.

Link to their website stating that: https://www.wingmoney.com/en/wing2world/thailand/
Josh_76
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Can you use Wing - Deemoney to send money from here to TH & into a Bangkok Bank acct.?

Post by Josh_76 »

Well, the joke's on me. You can't upgrade an app account in order to use W2w you have to do it at an agent but despite Wing saying it's possible, no agent in Kampot can actually do it. At the main Wing place, their hand held terminal never connects & nobody gives a shit.
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by alexvanlaar »

Josh_76 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:00 am Well, the joke's on me. You can't upgrade an app account in order to use W2w you have to do it at an agent but despite Wing saying it's possible, no agent in Kampot can actually do it. At the main Wing place, their hand held terminal never connects & nobody gives a shit.
Neither here in KOW nor in LOS they give a flying hoot about us (F-) Barangs in any aspect! BUT where can you go else???
Josh_76
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Josh_76 »

Actually, I have no complains about the population and most of those I encounter really try to help - except in this case. Wing is removed from reality when it comes to actually using this service outside of PP. Of course, I understand that money is basically only sent into the country and not outside, so nobody uses this, pretty much.
Josh_76
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Josh_76 »

I never posted the ending of this, so here we go.

I took the bus to PP, went to the Wingmoney HQ, where they opened an account for me. I was then told they had to perform a KYC check and deposited the money plus the transfer fee (they had a promotion and the first one was free (it's $4 per $1000 to TH)), so it was just $12 to send four grand - a great deal, making the trip more than worthwhile.

I asked for expedited KYC, which I received and they called me the next day just after noon and I did the 4 transfers in the app.

The end.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic