Moving back to Phnom Penh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
angsta
Expatriate
Congo

Re: Moving back to Phnom Penh

Post by angsta »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:54 pm
angsta wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:51 am Even Aaron in Cambodia is leaving SR. Things must be bad.
Where is he heading? I think he'd fit in well in Kampot with the community there.
He's been leaving SR for a couple of months now but hasn't got very far. Very possibly Kampot.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I remember years back, it was the only place I would and had visited in Cambodia, it was not too busy then, but year after year I would come, and yes it got busy with the tourist trade, and the town grow to accommodate people. last visit would have been 6 or more years ago. But I have always liked the place, and looking at the property rental market there are some good accommodation too be had. I think if I was to move there it would have to be sooner than later.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

angsta wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:02 am
angsta wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:51 am Even Aaron in Cambodia is leaving SR. Things must be bad.
Where is he heading? I think he'd fit in well in Kampot with the community there.
He's been leaving SR for a couple of months now but hasn't got very far. Very possibly Kampot.
That's because drug addled Aaron couldn't find Kampot with a map. In fact, he couldn't find his own ass with a map! Is he taking his equally drug addled trusty sidekick Dave, from Dave Does Cambodia fame with him? They make such a cute couple!
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Please escape to greener pastures while the going is still good.

Population of Cambodia = 15 million.

Prefecture level Chinese city = 2-7 million Chinese
Sub provincial Chinese city = 4-9 million Chinese

That’s not even the major cities or municipalities.

Just imagine the Kingdom of Wonder having a couple locations = Sinhanoukville, Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, transform into major Chinese cities, and the rest into smaller ones.

The Khmer will be completely outnumbered once the move is completed.

China needs a place to put it’s population.
Cambodia is relatively empty.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Marty wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:38 am
That's because drug addled Aaron couldn't find Kampot with a map. In fact, he couldn't find his own ass with a map! Is he taking his equally drug addled trusty sidekick Dave, from Dave Does Cambodia fame with him? They make such a cute couple!
I know Dave well and he don’t do drugs even when I offer him a toke of good stuff , he’ll have a few beers ( he likes that angor shit ) I buy him a couple craft beers then after oiled up a little I switch to my cambodia cans - some day I hope to win a moto I think i deserve by now becuz I drink about a case a day

I just don’t understand why I get kicked out of just about every place I go - looking forward I might move back to shitsville
Never Pp , that place is way too ugly - pure garbage city yuck good riddance to aaron and any rebels still around
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Jesus, change the record.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:07 am Jesus, change the record.
It’s getting a little tiresome.
He wasn’t like this when in country.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

whatwat wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:14 am
LOL. Cod is on his side.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Marty wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:36 am
whatwat wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:14 am
LOL. Cod is on his side.
Call Of Duty?
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

pissontheroof wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:53 am
Marty wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:38 am
I know Dave well and he don’t do drugs even when I offer him a toke of good stuff , he’ll have a few beers ( he likes that angor shit ) I buy him a couple craft beers then after oiled up a little I switch to my cambodia cans - some day I hope to win a moto I think i deserve by now becuz I drink about a case a day

I just don’t understand why I get kicked out of just about every place I go - looking forward I might move back to shitsville
Never Pp , that place is way too ugly - pure garbage city yuck good riddance to aaron and any rebels still around
Thanks, that's good info. Dave is just naturally a goofball then? And how about offering me a toke of the good stuff? Or even of the schwag stuff? But ya gotta admit, Aaron and Dave make a very cute couple and should never be separated.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic