Two Little Girls Die in Kampot Hit and Run

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Two Little Girls Die in Kampot Hit and Run

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Kampot): A fatal hit and run traffic accident occurred on January 6, 2021 at 3:40pm on National Road No. 31 between km 22 and 23 at Prey Pdao village, Phnom Kong commune, Angkor district, Kampot province.
The two girls were crossing the road, holding hands, when they were swiped by a car, killing the 9-year-old instantly, and fatally injuring the other little girl, who was only four or five years old, and who died soon after the accident.

The car driver, who was coming from the south, continued without stopping along the national road, and unfortunately nobody saw the car or license plate. Police are still making inquiries to try to identify the driver.

The bodies of the two children were handed over to their parents for a religious ceremony.
[The news photo shows the two bodies laid out together, so the girls were probably sisters. RIP little girls.]
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Two Little Girls Die in Kampot Hit and Run

Post by pissontheroof »

Was reading in bed trying to get sleepy
.. One minute. reading “ punkin pie “ , and the next minute a look downto related topics
and a snowball rolling here .to this story
Exactly 3 years later .. I’m not sleeping yet tonight
I guess that perpetrator got away clean .
, I wonder if whoever hit these little girls has any sleeping problems ?
Roryborealis
Expatriate

Re: Two Little Girls Die in Kampot Hit and Run

Post by Roryborealis »

Maybe the girls' ghosts will pay a visit to that driver. Ghosts can travel faster than cars, I've been told.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic