Australian International Travel Ban Extended.

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Australian International Travel Ban Extended.

Post by atst »

Australia Corona virus hotel quarantine numbers crack 60,000 people as state governments spend more than $118 million, note these are all Australians returning home NO TOURIST , states may soon move to charge travellers to be quarantined in hotels
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

atst wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:10 am Australia Corona virus hotel quarantine numbers crack 60,000 people as state governments spend more than $118 million, note these are all Australians returning home NO TOURIST , states may soon move to charge travellers to be quarantined in hotels
It would be interesting to see a breakdown on the costs knowing what hotels charge for a room for one night , meals, laundry and whatever .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Duncan wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:42 am
atst wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:10 am Australia Corona virus hotel quarantine numbers crack 60,000 people as state governments spend more than $118 million, note these are all Australians returning home NO TOURIST , states may soon move to charge travellers to be quarantined in hotels
It would be interesting to see a breakdown on the costs knowing what hotels charge for a room for one night , meals, laundry and whatever .
Just found this QLD's proposal to charge soon

The detail provided in an update to the Queensland government website on Wednesday shows it will continue to cover security costs for hotels, along with transport and logistics, with passengers to be charged up to $200 a night, including $135 for a hotel room.
Daily meal costs of $65 for each adult will also now be charged to overseas arrivals — children's meals will cost half that.
It means the total 14-day fee will amount to $2800 for a single adult, or $3710 for two staying in the same room.
Groups comprising two adults and either one or two children in the same room will be charged $4165 and $4620, respectively, while three adults and three children spread across two rooms will face a fee of $7875.
Convert that to USD Cambodia doesn't look to good considering its Cambodia.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Teddy1
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Teddy1 »

paul2d wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:25 am
Teddy1 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:35 am
paul2d wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:06 am Canada: travel ban to/from USA extended 30 days; inter-provincial travel to some provinces banned; international travel (arrivals and departures) permitted, including several daily flights to/from China. Can't follow the government logic here. It would appear that the Trudeau creature is stoned out of his mind on the medical marijuana or has motives that he won't disclose.
So Paul, Trudeau does indeed have a love affair with the Chinese.
As for provincial travel bans, seems crazy to me that a Canadian cannot freely travel within their own country. As for the American boarder being closed. I hear there are still Americans getting into Canada via BC on the grounds that they are heading to their vacation home in Alaska then they never go.
As a matter of interest, Trudeau's Minister Foreign Affairs, namely François-Philippe Champagne, currently owes that Chinese state owned Bank of China $1.2 million on two mortgages on London UK properties when he was working in the UK and before he entered politics. The properties are in Shoreditch and Bayswater. Further, Champagne has stated in 2017 to a Chinese state-backed TV station that China is “a beacon of stability, predictability, a rules-based system, a very inclusive society”.

Trudeau, in full knowledge of all this, has taken no action against Champagne.

This would suggest to any thinking person that Trudeau not only approves of his ministers being indebted to foreign state owned businesses but that he has no problem with Champagne's adulation of a government not adverse to using all kinds of leverage to expand its influence, including threats and bullying to intimidate and silence activists in Canada (Amnesty International).

I have no information regarding Americans entering BC to transit to their properties in Alaska, but remaining instead of continuing onwards. Wouldn't surprise me but quite frankly I don't see the advantage to staying in expensive BC.

The lack of freedom for inter-provincial travel is troublesome for many Canadians. I expect that it will be resolved by the courts in due time.
And now Trudeau is Humiliated by losing his very expensive bid for a seat on the UN.
As I see it the only seat that Trudeau should sit in should be electric!
As for interprovincial travel bans, I believe its only the maritime provinces. Hopefully in the next couple of months things will gradually open up.
As for American tourists, I believe given the exchange rate BC must still be a bargain, though given the climate the Americans are not welcome in Canada at this time.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Duncan wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:42 am
What would also be interesting is the countries that these return "Australian" travelers are coming from.
Woody
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Woody »

After a thorough read of the Dept of Home Affairs website I came across this gem :-

"If you meet the following criteria you do not need to apply for an exemption:
people ordinarily resident in a country other than Australia......."

So I would assume my Retirement Visas would prove this but would the airline allow me to fly?

I think I would like an exemption letter.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Qantas reopens bookings for international travel
Jan 5, 2021

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic