American Tourist TAYLOR LEWIS Detained for Flying Drone in Restricted Area

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: American Tourist TAYLOR LEWIS Detained for Flying Drone in Restricted Area

Post by Matty9999 »

Marty wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:03 pm
AndyKK wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:52 pm
Marty wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:41 pm
Matty9999 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:03 pm I wonder how far out do you have to be to fly a drone in PP? Drone pilot here.
Did you fly military drones?
Big one came down last year in Koh Kong, did they find the owner?
Could be the owner is Matty9999. Notice how he clammed up here when I asked him, just like he clammed up when people probed a little deeper about his "special friends."
I have 2, one is a toy and another is a DJI just like this guy has
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

There’s a security company in PP who have a drone permit and they can fly wherever they want. I think it’s an Okhnas company so makes sense.

Anyone else. Nope.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

I flew one around Snooky, but closer to the airport. A Mavic as well. You just need to apply the appropriate licenses via the controller and coordinate with H.E. at the airport ahead of time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic