Traffic accident deaths on the rise (no surprise)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
kennzo
Expatriate
Great Britain

Traffic accident deaths on the rise (no surprise)

Post by kennzo »

I tend to sleep in the nude. Which isn't a bad thing except for maybe on those long flights.

www.kenedgar.com
kennzo
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Traffic accident deaths on the rise (no surprise)

Post by kennzo »

''Ear Chariya, an independent consultant on road safety, estimated Monday that hit-and-runs account for about 40 percent of traffic fatalities.....''
''.....Him Yan, director of the Ministry of Interior’s public order department, declined to comment on the increase in accidents and fatalities.''

:facepalm:
Last edited by kennzo on Tue May 27, 2014 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I tend to sleep in the nude. Which isn't a bad thing except for maybe on those long flights.

www.kenedgar.com
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

15% of those are probably my wife now that she has her drivers license and learned to drive my truck. ;-)
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

kennzo wrote:''Ear Chariya, an independent consultant on road safety, estimated Monday that hit-and-runs account for about 40 percent of traffic fatalities.....''
''.....Him Yan, director of the Ministry of Interior’s public order department, declined to comment on the increase in accidents and fatalities.''

:facepalm:
Obviously, he was 'too busy'...

Having breakfast, having lunch. having dinner, hammock-hibernating, etc.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

OrangeDragon wrote:15% of those are probably my wife now that she has her drivers license and learned to drive my truck. ;-)
No kidding! I've been on high alert this week since I've known you guys were in town.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

How is she in high speed chases mate? ;)
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jacobincambodia »

12% due to drinking and driving? I don't believe that for a second. It's much higher than that. That's where they need to up the enforcement.
picooie
Expatriate

Post by picooie »

The hit and run mentality of so many of the newly rich and government elites is a major cause of fatalities and much worse than drunk driving. Arrogant F....rs.

picooie
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Jacobincambodia wrote:12% due to drinking and driving? I don't believe that for a second. It's much higher than that. That's where they need to up the enforcement.
Considering I've never heard of a cop with a breathalyzer (yes, I remember that brief time a few years ago when they had them for show, without batteries), so you have to be pretty visibly drink (assuming the drunk isn't the one of the fatalities) for them to blame it on alcohol. That's also assuming that the cop's not too drunk to notice either.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

vladimir wrote:Having breakfast, having lunch. having dinner, hammock-hibernating, etc.
We bought hamsters the other day - not legal in Australia so naturally fascinating to us. One of the first things we learned about them is that they can be running one minute, and in an altered state of consciousness the next. It's like a form of hibernation. If you're not aware of this they look dead. Supposedly they originate from Syria but I swear to God these things are Cambodian.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic