Coronavirus: Pair who fled from Melbourne airport

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Deefer
Expatriate
Australia

Coronavirus: Pair who fled from Melbourne airport

Post by Deefer »

Coronavirus: Pair who fled from Melbourne airport to avoid quarantine will be fined $38,000

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavir ... 31cafce1d1 :thumb:

Deefer
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Coronavirus: Pair who fled from Melbourne airport

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Ouch that is a hefty fine, is it there that you have to do a $3000au quarantine? Thats why they did a runner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Appreciate your efforts Deefer, but a simple cut and paste of the first couple of paras would be awesome!
Their mugshots would be even awesomer.

:thumb:
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:14 am Ouch that is a hefty fine, is it there that you have to do a $3000au quarantine? Thats why they did a runner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good question, I know it's $3000 if arriving from overseas not sure about traveling interstate though
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Jeez, they didn't even fly in from overseas..just from Canberra. And the article says they've since been located in Goulburn, NSW!

So what...they drove all the way back across Victoria to re-cross the NSW border to go back to a place only 1 hours drive from Canberra?? Weird!

atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

I think they were required to do 14days self quarantine wherever they where staying in Victoria. No $3000 fee , I think they thought fuck it we'll just go home
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Will they still get fined? :whip:

'We are really sorry': Pair dispute claims they fled officers to avoid quarantine

"Like hundreds of others on 1 January, 2021, we got caught up with the confusion when the rules about entering Victoria changed," the Elfords said in their statement.

"We had a permit, live in a green zone in NSW, were flying from Canberra airport, which is allowed, and after we arrived in Tullamarine, we were stopped by [DHHS] officers who were not able to tell us whether or not we needed to quarantine, so after about an hour or so we walked away."

The couple said they attended an outdoor family barbecue in Victoria before flying back to Canberra that afternoon as Debbie needed to attend an obstetrics appointment on Tuesday.

"This was all in line with the plans we had outlined to [DHHS] officers," they said. "We were really shocked when we woke this morning to this media story, and following that have proactively contacted our local police in Goulburn to sort this out." "We also have proactively gone to get a COVID-19 test this morning, and will be self-isolating."

https://www.smh.com.au/national/pair-wh ... 56raa.html
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

I like the media's story better much more exciting than the supposed truth :BangHead:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic