Sending passport to Embassy in Bangkok

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Oumedc
Expatriate

Re: Sending passport to Embassy in Bangkok

Post by Oumedc »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:46 pm
daeum_tnaot wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:33 pm Thanks everyone,

That sounds pretty straightforward. It sounds like either DHL or FedEx will be OK.

I have never done this before, but I guess that you just send your passport and all the forms, passport photos, in the envelope and the Embassy will process it. Do most Embassies have some kind of system to pay to have it sent back to you?
when i sent my passport once sending it out an back to a country i was not in , i enclosed a self addressed prepaid Fed Ex envelope for its return.

Better check with the embassy ( give them a call, dont rely on a email) that they will accept a passport when ur not in the same country.
Some embassy's will only use a particular service ( dhl, ems, fedex)

Your right must include prepaid envolope for return a trick a freind did was also put his contact info. Email and phone hand written on envelope..

DHL is beeter I think.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Re: Sending passport to Embassy in Bangkok

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Thanks everyone, I will call the Embassy to be sure that they will accept a pre-paid envelope to send the passport and visa back. Hopefully all will go smoothly.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic