Your key moment from 2020?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Your key moment from 2020?

Post by timmydownawell »

Key moment? Still waiting for it...
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

The great Toilet paper famine!
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

On a personal level my low point was the unexpected death of a close friend during the most locked down we were here in Thailand,. I've never been around a death or had to handle the aftermath, and it was one of the more stressful and draining experiences I've had, with the family unable to travel here and ensuring he was given a respectful send off.

As an observer, my high point was Scotland qualifying for the Euro football championship finals. Following the national team was a major part of my life before I became a working expat and gave me some of the best travelling experiences I ever had, so to see them back after years of decline is great. More importantly it gave the whole nation a major lift and something to look forward to, sport as always can still lift the gloom.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Yobbo wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:37 pm The great Toilet paper famine!
Hahaha that reminds me of when I'd finally arrived back in Cambodia, the morning crap and get to use the bum gun after 5 months
Now that was a 2020 moment to remember
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

No key moment yet.

It's been quite a good year for myself and my family, despite being without income all year and having to sell a shitload of unnecessary assets to pay rent and live.

Spent more time with my girlfriend and our kids than I have since the first kid was born, and have been watching them grow up by the week.

I'm re-evaluating what I want to do going forward as life is too short to waste working for third parties and we never know what curveball will come our way next
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Just for the sheer number of layers to unpack in that moment.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but you could probably do at least ten thousand on this one without repeating yourself.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic