Pickled peppers

This is where you can buy and sell anything you want in Cambodia! There is no 'Craigslist Cambodia,' so this is the next best thing. Most items for sale are in Phnom Penh, but this is a buy and sell section for the whole country. Many expats and tourists have new and used items to sell, so anyone can list them here. CEO has no part in these sales, so buyers and sellers need to get in contact with each other themselves. You're always welcome to list items you're giving away for free, as we encourage the community to give when they can. Amazon and eBay ship select items to Cambodia, but you save time and money when you do things locally.
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Re: Pickled peppers

Post by fazur »

WildA wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:49 am Do they come in Pecks? Does Peter Piper pick them?
no she sells them secretly while shirking seashell duty on the seashore, surely?
Advertisement
CamboQuick Cambodia Amazon Shipping
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Patcan »

Into the riverside today for my weekly trip (16:30-20:00).... Anyone wanting to order the pickled peppers let me know today.... 6 tubs left from the 11 tub batch...Cheers Imageers
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Patcan »

ImageImageImage
The latest batch of banana peppers...which have been outselling the dill pickles lately...
2 peppers and 3 dills still at Neils...5 peppers and 6 dill pickles in my fridge....
Cheers.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

How about pickled onions? The imported ones cost a bloody fortune.
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Patcan »

Never tried pickled onions..Sourcing good small onions could be difficult...Thanks for the suggestion though.... Might give it a go.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Patcan wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:24 pm Never tried pickled onions..Sourcing good small onions could be difficult...Thanks for the suggestion though.... Might give it a go.
For reference:

Jar on left, Super Duper $3.78, no more than 20 onions, no more than 1' diameter

Jar on right, Thai Hout, $4.75. Probably about 30 onions and 1/2' diameter. A bit small actually.

There are the very small red onions here, they call them shallots. I have seen them ready peeled in a market somewhere. Don't know if they would work but worth a go. I will test them for you :D

AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Patcan wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:24 pm Never tried pickled onions..Sourcing good small onions could be difficult...Thanks for the suggestion though.... Might give it a go.
You can and if you don't come across them, there's always shalllots.
I have only recently made pickled onions, the first time for me, the same reason that Doc67 mentioned "The imported ones cost a bloody fortune", cheapest I have come across is around the $3 mark.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Patcan »

Patrick's pickled peppers (formerly labelled Pickled Parrot) are back at Neil's Mini-mart 136 Street and from yours truly....6$ per bucket now (roughly 21 peppers) and the pickledImage peppers continue being the high quality you expect.
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Patcan »

Save 1$ by buying directly from me at riverside...5 pm. Sat 5th Feb...Cheers!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic