Sending passport to Embassy in Bangkok

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Sending passport to Embassy in Bangkok

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Hi all,

It turns out I will have to send my passport to an Embassy in Bangkok to get a visa. Does anyone have any idea how one would deliver their passport to the Embassy in Bangkok- i.e. what are the delivery service that one would use? How much would it cost and how long does it take?

Thanks for any info you may have.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Sending passport to Embassy in Bangkok

Post by xandreu »

I know your flag says Nepal but it might help if you confirm that that's your country who's embassy you need to send your passport to.

On second thoughts, I doubt many posters here are Nepalese but worth a try. Good luck.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

DHL or FedEx is most reliable. Last time I looked, FedEx were cheaper, they have a place bottom end of Norodom. Two days max to be delivered, give them a call for pricing. Cheapest will be EMS at the Post Office if everything is up and running.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

For peace of mind, use DHL, yes they're probably the most expensive, but your passport is an extremely important document.
ergosemper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ergosemper »

If you are in Cambodia and will send the passport to the embassy in Bangkok, hoping perhaps to bypass immigration's work permit restrictions, be aware that a visa issued outside Cambodia on a passport which has no exit stamp will likely raise questions.

If you are in Nepal or elsewhere in Thailand, then disregard the above.
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Patcan »

DHL...Russian Blvd....$56.52
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

In my case, EMS was more expensive than FedEx. DHL much more.
I don't see why DHL would be any safer than FedEx but if anyone has evidence of things going awry, I'd like to hear.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Thanks everyone,

That sounds pretty straightforward. It sounds like either DHL or FedEx will be OK.

I have never done this before, but I guess that you just send your passport and all the forms, passport photos, in the envelope and the Embassy will process it. Do most Embassies have some kind of system to pay to have it sent back to you?
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

DHL as mentioned. Most embassies require it to be sent that way anyways (tracking, etc).
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

daeum_tnaot wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:33 pm Thanks everyone,

That sounds pretty straightforward. It sounds like either DHL or FedEx will be OK.

I have never done this before, but I guess that you just send your passport and all the forms, passport photos, in the envelope and the Embassy will process it. Do most Embassies have some kind of system to pay to have it sent back to you?
when i sent my passport once sending it out an back to a country i was not in , i enclosed a self addressed prepaid Fed Ex envelope for its return.

Better check with the embassy ( give them a call, dont rely on a email) that they will accept a passport when ur not in the same country.
Some embassy's will only use a particular service ( dhl, ems, fedex)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic