UK News, Updates and Discussion

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: UK News, Updates and Discussion

Post by DaveG »

Phnom Poon wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:15 pm it's ridiculous to be held up by the tiny fish lobby
i think half the quotas have been sold, and ownership of the rest is highly concentrated

they should just declare all uk waters a marine reserve, for the benefit of the environment
hunting wild animals is backward
Breaking news, captain Birds Eye AKA Bojo the clown has almost sorted the fish issue out, it appears though that he forgot to mention the export ban on seed potatoes 🤣🤣😂, OMG I'm going to miss this comedy sketch when it's all over, Scotland is not amused as it exports 80% of its seed potatoes to the EU,
Looking on the bright side there is nothing wrong with fish fingers and chips

:stir:
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

armchairlawyer wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:53 pm Quelle surprise! The Grauniad and the Indy taking the opportunity to bash Boris and Brexit.
I'm wondering if the Remoaners will ever accept they lost. I know how scathing they would be if the referendum had gone the other way and Brexiteers were still trying to inflict damage after four and a half years!
Amongst the chattering classes, it is taken as a given that everyone in their circle hates Brexit and must do what they can to undermine it. They won't accept that is unpatriotic because they pay homage only to globalism and the EU and to virtue-signalling. They won't accept they are being undemocratic because they contest that the referendum was fair and honest and, anyway, deplorables and geriatrics should not be permitted the same voting rights as them.
End of rant.
I literally can’t tell if you’re serious or if this is meant to be a parody.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

nerdlinger wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:17 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:53 pm Quelle surprise! The Grauniad and the Indy taking the opportunity to bash Boris and Brexit.
I'm wondering if the Remoaners will ever accept they lost. I know how scathing they would be if the referendum had gone the other way and Brexiteers were still trying to inflict damage after four and a half years!
Amongst the chattering classes, it is taken as a given that everyone in their circle hates Brexit and must do what they can to undermine it. They won't accept that is unpatriotic because they pay homage only to globalism and the EU and to virtue-signalling. They won't accept they are being undemocratic because they contest that the referendum was fair and honest and, anyway, deplorables and geriatrics should not be permitted the same voting rights as them.
End of rant.
I literally can’t tell if you’re serious or if this is meant to be a parody.
Thanks for bumping.
I appreciate it.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

How embarrassing 🤭, first we have the Germans air lifting food for us because we may die without fresh lettuce, and now the French have come to help sort out the testing mess in Dover 😂😂🤣🤣
Comedy Gold 😁😁😆
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

DaveG wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:58 pm How embarrassing 🤭, first we have the Germans air lifting food for us because we may die without fresh lettuce, and now the French have come to help sort out the testing mess in Dover 😂😂🤣🤣
Comedy Gold 😁😁😆
It seemed at the first instance, that most of our fellow European countries turned there back's on us, was it really the fear of a new strain to the virus, or was it just the case of the UK leaving the party. What ever the reason it's this time when all the world should put some differences aside and work this out together.
It also may have been "hang on a minute what if the UK's vaccine works".
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Boris Johnson is a national hero.

He has led these negotiations from the front, in the trenches, and has secured a fantastic deal for the UK so we have tariff free and quota free trade without any of those pesky foreigners telling us what to do. And all through a pandemic that was not his fault and which he has led us in the fight against it, again on the front line, in the intensive care unit of St. Thomas' hospital; Churchillian traits if I ever saw them.

We should all be grateful that we have him as our leader.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

ROFL 🤣🤣🤣, So we have Germany airlifting food, French firemen and now just to top it Polish military personnel, what's next? ?, Romanian doctors to show us how to take a sample, 🤔

And no help from the nasty party feeding these unfortunate lot stuck miles from their families through no fault of their own, it takes the Muslim, Sikh and church of the latter day saint religious communities to sort that out,disgraceful

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 78676.html
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

DaveG wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:30 pm ROFL 🤣🤣🤣, So we have Germany airlifting food, French firemen and now just to top it Polish military personnel, what's next? ?, Romanian doctors to show us how to take a sample, 🤔

And no help from the nasty party feeding these unfortunate lot stuck miles from their families through no fault of their own, it takes the Muslim, Sikh and church of the latter day saint religious communities to sort that out,disgraceful

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 78676.html
Dave, you're getting all frothy at the mouth pal. Have a mulled wine and chill out. Merry Christmas!! :hattip: :lol:
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Last edited by Ghostwriter on Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic