Kratom

Provincial living: homesteading, farming, gardening, self-efficiency and animal husbandry.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Kratom

Post by AndyKK »

LIVIDZX wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:05 am
AndyKK wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:06 am They look like "Fagus sylvatica" part of the beach family, used as antiseptic, well the bark is, the leaf is poisonous.
I've taken more than a few as have others I know and felt no ill-effects? But they're 100% definitely not Kratom leaves?
On Google they match Kratom, but not on my plant identification, Neolamarckia cadamba, the burflower-tree, (Kadam). It maybe worth you putting a plant identifier on your phone, live photo may give better results.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

LIVIDZX
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LIVIDZX »

I posted googled pics of kratom on FB & asked locals how it was written in Khmer and went round o'russey with the pictures with the translated word in bold above them to no vail - but it seems the girl who helped may have just translated Kratom, and was unware there is actually another name for it used by locals.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

What was the translation you got? Post in Khmer letters or using Latin letters.

If it’s sluk mloo as a devious poster said, that’s the leaf the eat with betel nut, not kratom
Mantis Toboggan, MD
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Mantis Toboggan, MD »

Hey there, longtime lurker but first time contributing. I have Kratom powder I brought into the country for myself, but after seeing this thread I'm happy to share the love and part with some of it. I have Red vein, green vein, white vein, and Maeng Da. $15 per 50g. Probably not willing to get rid of more than 300g in total.

I live near Backyard Cafe (next to wat botum park), happy to link up with anyone who wants to grab some. My name's Anthony, add me on telegram or whatsapp 012828585
DavidMurphy
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by DavidMurphy »

Mantis Toboggan, MD wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:15 am Hey there, longtime lurker but first time contributing. I have Kratom powder I brought into the country for myself, but after seeing this thread I'm happy to share the love and part with some of it. I have Red vein, green vein, white vein, and Maeng Da. $15 per 50g. Probably not willing to get rid of more than 300g in total.

That's a good price for imported quality kratom. ស្លឹកខ្ទម is how it sounds in Khmer (sloek khtam) or s'luk kathom. Unfortunately it translates to 'cottage leaf' on Google.
I get my Tuk Tuk driver to pick up 1,000 + leaves monthly and I pass them around to the old Muslims at my local cafe. They love it.
Young folks are not interested.

I live near Backyard Cafe (next to wat botum park), happy to link up with anyone who wants to grab some. My name's Anthony, add me on telegram or whatsapp 012828585
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic